Hello From Western Australia!

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Re: Hello From Western Australia!

Post by Dave Burr »

Commiserations on your terrible loss, 47 is no age to leave the world, but hearty congratulations on your engagement and the prospect of bringing new life.

DOn't worry too much about the tackle you own, traditional fishing is as much about approach and mindset as it is about the shiny desirable you take to the waterside. Some of those old reels will work just as well as the day they were bought.

Psychology and criminology eh? That'll put one or two on here on their toes.... but I won't mention Fredline by name :Chuckle:

Enjoy the forum, ask as many questions as you like and send us some pictures of your exploits. :Hat:

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Is there much freshwater fishing out your way?

I remember Fred J Taylor mentioning perch or equivalent in some of the permanent Water Holes dotted around the outback between Perth and Broome. I wonder if they are still there?

Could be interesting as would lure fishing in the sea.

One thing that should always be in a Traditional Anglers Bag is a splendid Meat Pie for sustenance and tea for slurping. The rest of the tackle should be up to you and what gives you pleasure to use.

Does Hank Marvin still live in Perth?

Any way enough of my drivel and welcome and please just enjoy this site for what it really is; a retreat from the ever more unpleasant Modern World for like minded gentle souls seeking solace from such blaring intrusion.

As ever,....

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Welcome aboard. Very sad to hear of the untimely passing of yout Dad. Hopefully angling - the contemplative sport -can provide some tonic. Please do tell us more about your local fishing. I've always wanted to visit Perth and Freemantle

Duebel
Rainbow Trout

Post by Duebel »

Kev D wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:26 am ...
And Issac, why not help make the International TFF Day even more International by joining in on the 15th of November?
Best wishes to you.
Kev
I had the idea, Kev. The problem is, Isaac can't see the "Places we want to visit as a group" section of TFF unless he's made at least 25 posts.
So Isaac, if you want to know, what the International Live From The Bank Day on November 15th is all about, hit your keyboard and make a couple of contributions to our wonderful forum. Ask as many questions as you like regarding your reels, which rod to look for, which pies tast best on the bank, which tea to prepare while fishing.

I've once been told by Australian tourists, who I met, when I was fishing right in the middle of the historic town centre of Bamberg, that you've got a bit of a carp problem in some waters down under. Can you tell us a little bit about that?
Greetings from Bamberg
Martin

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Welcome to the forum Issac. I am sure your dad would be very proud to see what you have done with the old reels.
Looking forward to reading your posts and seeing some of those Aussie fish.

Wal.

Rotrax
Rudd

Post by Rotrax »

Welcome!
I am a newbie too. Before CV19 my wife and I would winter in the North Island of NZ. 2019 we visited Phillip Island for the Moto GP and stayed near Melbourne with some old friends. I have relations out your way, at Bussleton. I knew Chum Taylor the Speedway 'King of Claremont' from my bike racing days.
Good luck with the fishing and restoring your tackle. Check out the op shops - I picked up a split cane fly rod for 10 bucks in Wellington, cut out the bad pieces and shortened it into a useable general rod. I shall give the Grass Carp at New Plymouth a go next time we get to NZ - whenever that might be.

Good Luck, stay safe.

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Welcome to the TFF -

Here, you have found a quiet backwater - where folks share rather a lot besides angling with old tackles - your first post encompasses much that I and others on here have experienced - Isaac - with a name and viewpoints such as mentioned you may well have found a spiritual home.

:Hat:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Mick
Chub

Post by Mick »

A very warm welcome to you Isaac! :Hat:

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Welcome to the forum Sir :welcome: :Hat: :cheers: :fishing1:

Old Man River
Eel

Post by Old Man River »

G'day Isaac , welcome, bung a tinnie on the barbie and pull up a pew. :Hat:

OMR
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”