Good day to one and all

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
CreamTeaGirl
Stickleback

Good day to one and all

Post by CreamTeaGirl »

Well looks like I have landed at the Mecca of knowledge on all thing Cane and Pin.

Bit about me........I am in late fifty’s now been fishing for most of that time. I started off in Bromley Kent fishing good old “free fishing” Keston ponds most days after school and all summer holidays. Rod tied to crossbar of bike and pedal for several miles those were the days travelling light on a bike. My local tackle shop was Dawson’s in Chatterton Road Bromley little did I know then how precious all those rods were in the racks. Peter and his wife were good to us kids with not a penny between us. I have very fond memories of them Peter out the back in the workshop and his wife in the shop.
So gone though life diverting into fly flying for Brown trout, dabbled a bit on Sea trout always continued with my coarse fishing mainly lakes and ponds until I went trotting for Grayling one winter a dozen years ago.
I think now I have found what I really like doing and that is simple fishing mainly float with a bit of lead fishing when required. I have modern tackle BUT I have seen the light having purchased an Allcock Aerial Match and a fixed spool Intrepid Elite.
I made a bit of a schoolboy error in that I purchased a “Sabina” Dawson’s of Bromley rod only to find it damaged and only 11’6 instead of 12’. So having made that error I am here to learn all I can about Dawson’s rods and in particular about the 14ft Elaine which I would like to own one day.
So there you go that is me.

Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: Good day to one and all

Post by Mark »

Welcome to the forum CreamTeaGirl.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Welcome to the TFF.
:Hat:

I would not have an issue with a couple of inches lopped of the top - it’s still worthy of a cast or two.
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Welcome aboard CreamTeaGirl :Hat:
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Barbellina
Roach

Post by Barbellina »

:Hat: Hello and welcome to the TFF
"Angling is a refuge from competitiveness, from rat-racing, from status-seeking. So let it remain."
Bernard Venables

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Welcome to the forum :Hat:

you may have been fishing those ponds around the same time as our very own Keston.

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Welcome to TFF :Hat: Plenty of expertise to tap into on here :Sun:

Mick
Chub

Post by Mick »

A warm welcome to you CreamTeaGirl!!!

SkimmingTheCream
Chub