Hi from N Devon

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Snape
Bailiff

Re: Hi from N Devon

Post by Snape »

Welcome to TFF, Mark. :Hat:
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Welcome, enjoy the forum!
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

John_Moore
Silver Bream

Post by John_Moore »

Welcome to the TFF Mark.... it's fun on here......!
John up in Lancashire.

ChrisMec
Ruffe

Post by ChrisMec »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

Marki Mark wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:39 pm Hello from N Devon,
Chuffed to be able to join the group, my first foray onto a site , hope to retire next year, so from the not so tech savy generation, my idea of good technology is a good old HB, writes one end and erases the other, yes a traditionalist... Been fishing life long, started in the pits along the M4 when it was being built around Reading area,many a happy carefree day, yester year seams quite less complicated, no fancy gear but caught tench , roach, rudd and odd winter pike...moved onto the local river kennett and enjoyed years of barbel , chub and dace..moved away up to bedfordshire just when lake trouting started so was emerged in fly fishing for the next 20 years, then moved to north devon and down sized to small brownies with a very short farlow cane rod 6 10 picked up in a junk store...was also lucky enough in the 70's to acquire a b james cane rod from a retiring gent i used to meet on the kennet, think it was designed for carp mark 4 richard walker named on the rod , but never fished for carp ,saved up weeks from my first job to get a Garcia Mitchell 300 reel purchased from Thomas Turner Whitely Street Reading, my prized possession, still have it and turns like new; any how now dusted off to go legering again this year as i will join the exeter DAC which has some nice stretches on the river culm i understand, also have an old cane farlow 7ft which was my dads and handed down which i used for pike and perch so will venture down to tamar lakes down the road for perch; they say 4lbers are in there ...anyhow a yorkshireman by birth so do enjoy the simple pleasures of the great british countryside to explore...and lookforward to reading the site and finding new venues as i plan to move nearer the gran children in e sussex / kent area in the future..

Q...I have an old wooded landing net which ive been meaning to restore, the hoop snaps over, but the alloy extension from the hoop to where the cane fits in is rather worn. i think the best bet is to get a short piece of allow tube to make an over sleeve to reinforce the end....does any one know how to fix alloy to alloy ??
Thanks
Hello and welcome to the forum! I used to fish Lower Tamar Lake for the carp back in the '90's. I didn't realise the perch were so big otherwise I'd have brought along some lobworms. A beautiful part of the country! I hope you can find someone to answer your question.
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”