Hi from Northwest Kent

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Cray Stalker
Ruffe

Re: Hi form Northwest Kent

Post by Cray Stalker »

Paul_V wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:44 pm hi. and welcome Stuart from another Kent boy...

I'm just outside Canterbury.

cheers, Paul.
Cheers Paul :Hat:

That's interesting as I do at times come down onto the Kentish Stour around Canterbury, have also fished the Canterbury club stretches at Fordwich, Westbere, Chislet and onto Grove ferry,

Loverly chalk stream that is, may we'll bump into yer sometime on the bank :Thumb:

JW1
Grayling

Post by JW1 »

Welcome back Stuart, do you fish the River Cray as your name suggests.

JW

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

Welcome from the south coast .

Cray Stalker
Ruffe

Post by Cray Stalker »

JW1 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:44 pm Welcome back Stuart, do you fish the River Cray as your name suggests.

JW
Cheers mate, yea sure do being me local little chalk stream :fish: :fishing2:

Do yer fish the Cray yerself JW
Last edited by Cray Stalker on Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cray Stalker
Ruffe

Post by Cray Stalker »

Keston wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:20 pm Welcome from the south coast .
Cheers mate, is good to be back to :Thumb:

JW1
Grayling

Post by JW1 »

Cray Stalker wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:22 pm
JW1 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:44 pm Welcome back Stuart, do you fish the River Cray as your name suggests.

JW

Yes its a lovely little river, I have fished it from Hall Place up to the weir catching mostly dace and roach. The bit from the town centre to Maiden lane has been disappointing so far. My favourite bit is roving from Maiden Lane up to the next weir, loads of perch and roach but so far not hooked any of those big chub or carp.

JW

Cray Stalker
Ruffe

Post by Cray Stalker »

JW1 wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:21 pm
Cray Stalker wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:22 pm

JW

Yes its a lovely little river, I have fished it from Hall Place up to the weir catching mostly dace and roach. The bit from the town centre to Maiden lane has been disappointing so far. My favourite bit is roving from Maiden Lane up to the next weir, loads of perch and roach but so far not hooked any of those big chub or carp.

JW
Arh right ok, that's interesting as the section from the town to Barnes Cray rd / maiden lane has produced a few good fish to me so far, the section from maiden lane to Thames rd has also done well for me, mainly roach, I have actually had a common carp already this season at the back of Hall place which went 6 3/4lb,
A very underestimated little river that can still hold a few surprises :Hat:

JW1
Grayling

Post by JW1 »

Thats interesting Stuart, a couple of people have said they have done well on that middle section, perhaps its the way I fish. I like to rove, trotting a float down, mostly with brandlings as bait, staying only 10 minutes in each place before moving down stream.

JW

Cray Stalker
Ruffe

Post by Cray Stalker »

JW1 wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:40 am Thats interesting Stuart, a couple of people have said they have done well on that middle section, perhaps its the way I fish. I like to rove, trotting a float down, mostly with brandlings as bait, staying only 10 minutes in each place before moving down stream.

JW
That's exactly how I'd fish when trotting although I tend to use just maggot as it'll pretty much pick up anything that's in any particular swim, I tend to use bigger baits aiming at bigger fish on a very light ledger rig IE 2-3 swan shot on the mainline and still carry on roving between the swims :Thumb:

Cray Stalker
Ruffe

Post by Cray Stalker »

Good afternoon members and freinds, I've been admittedly heavily tied up with other social media etc aswell as being extreamly busy over the last few months,

I've not been on the forum for a while and have to say that I do miss some of the interesting posts that get put up at times,

I'm glad to say that I've been kindly re activated again by Mark and am looking forward to communicating and catching back up again with many members and freinds,

Hope many of you are all keeping well :Hat:

Stuart

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”