Anecdotes about JWM

This forum belongs to J. W. Martin.
Crucian Pete
Stickleback

Anecdotes about JWM

Post by Crucian Pete »

I'm writing a book on the "Trent Otter" and am interested in any facts or stories about him that you care to share. The idea is to combine a biography with extensive extracts from his marvellous books. Any help gratefully received. Crucian Pete.

Paul F
Sea Trout

Re: Anecdotes about JWM

Post by Paul F »

his books are full of Anecdotes, especially My fishing Days! Do these need to be repeated?

I would love to know where it all started, his life, he was quite poor, how good was the tackle business, how good were the items he sold and where were they manufactured, you don't see many rods turn up, even fewer reels, as for floats and tackle items rare as hens teeth! how successful was the sons side of the business after he died?

I saw a catalogue once, if I could turn back time, I wished i'd bought it!

Tonkin Wand
Grayling

Post by Tonkin Wand »

I can answer all the above questions and I have a script. To date no one will publish my work . Copies of that script are in the hands of two others but I believe I have copyright. I await a reply from pete who started this post. So much of what has been penned to date is lifted from his books or is complete conjectore .JWM life would make a good TV drama !!!! Tony Clark

Crucian Pete
Stickleback

Post by Crucian Pete »

Tony, I'm looking forward to chatting with you on the phone. I've only just discovered your message and have left one in reply. Best wishes Peter

StefanDuma
Grayling

Post by StefanDuma »

Well he will feature in my next book which is a follow up to Men of Trent. I thank Tony for is help and I have spoken to many people.

The book will be based on research, research and more research.

I hope that I will be able to split fact from fiction. I have most of is books, I have examples of is tackle rods and reels.

I am still researching this fascinating person.

Return to “J. W. Martin”