'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

Old Man River
Eel

Re: Access to fish Redmire pool....

Post by Old Man River »

Looky Here ...,

http://www.redmirepool.biz/

OMR
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

Old Man River wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:34 pm Looky Here ...,

OMR
Hi david
I have looked at the Redmire site but it just gives the prices and a few rules, I'm reluctant to contact them without any knowledge of the lie of the land. Things like how many can fish at one time, do you have to be in a group etc etc. I have pretty much read all I can about the place but still know sod all it seems.

Thanks
BB

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

BoltonBullfinch wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:46 pm

OMR
Hi david
I have looked at the Redmire site but it just gives the prices and a few rules, I'm reluctant to contact them without any knowledge of the lie of the land. Things like how many can fish at one time, do you have to be in a group etc etc. I have pretty much read all I can about the place but still know sod all it seems.

Thanks
BB
The system is that there is a date (usually last Sunday in Jan) commonly called phone wars day when you can call Les Bamford to book for dates for the forthcoming season which pretty much gets fully booked in a matter of hours except some dates in the depths of winter. The pool upholds the tradition close season and the 1st week is auctioned off each year. Bailiffs and those who contribute to the running of the pool get first dibs on dates.
You can book 5 day or 2 day slots (the 2 days are weekends). The maximum number of anglers (unless by special arrangement with Les) is 4.
If you get through on phone wars day (some people have tried for years and never get through) then you can book some dates for yourself and when you turn up there will be strangers fishing there with you or you can book all 4 places and then arrange your own group.
There used to be a Redmire forum but it shut down due to inactivity. There is Redmire Pool open group on Facebook and any cancellations often go on there.
The new owners have said they will uphold the bookings for the 2020-2021 season but after then who knows although as it brings in £40000 to the estate for very little effort on the owners part I imagine they will keep it going as is.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

StalkingLuke
Crucian Carp

Post by StalkingLuke »

It's a shame the old Redmire Forum has disappeared, there were some great discussions on there. I wonder if it could be archived in some way? Perhaps it's already gone down the internet plug hole!
Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Snape wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:04 pm
BoltonBullfinch wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:46 pm

OMR
Hi david

Thanks
BB
The system is that there is a date (usually last Sunday in Jan) commonly called phone wars day when you can call Les Bamford to book for dates for the forthcoming season which pretty much gets fully booked in a matter of hours except some dates in the depths of winter. The pool upholds the tradition close season and the 1st week is auctioned off each year. Bailiffs and those who contribute to the running of the pool get first dibs on dates.
You can book 5 day or 2 day slots (the 2 days are weekends). The maximum number of anglers (unless by special arrangement with Les) is 4.
If you get through on phone wars day (some people have tried for years and never get through) then you can book some dates for yourself and when you turn up there will be strangers fishing there with you or you can book all 4 places and then arrange your own group.
There used to be a Redmire forum but it shut down due to inactivity. There is Redmire Pool open group on Facebook and any cancellations often go on there.
The new owners have said they will uphold the bookings for the 2020-2021 season but after then who knows although as it brings in £40000 to the estate for very little effort on the owners part I imagine they will keep it going as is.
Thank you for the info Snape, I'm not on Facebook but I could get the better half to join the redmire page and keep her eye out for any spare place that may become available.

Thanks
BB

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

StalkingLuke wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:13 am It's a shame the old Redmire Forum has disappeared, there were some great discussions on there. I wonder if it could be archived in some way? Perhaps it's already gone down the internet plug hole!
Sadly I expect it has gone down the plug hole.
The forum admin was a member of the Richardson family who have sold the estate and cut all ties.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

That's a shame I would of loved to read the forum threads. I wonder why someone would dump a forum belonging to somewhere so iconic. Mothballed would have been much better I think.

Thanks
BB

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

BoltonBullfinch wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:33 am That's a shame I would of loved to read the forum threads. I wonder why someone would dump a forum belonging to somewhere so iconic. Mothballed would have been much better I think.

Thanks
BB
I'll try to find out what happened to it.

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Snape wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:45 am
StalkingLuke wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:13 am It's a shame the old Redmire Forum has disappeared, there were some great discussions on there. I wonder if it could be archived in some way? Perhaps it's already gone down the internet plug hole!
Sadly I expect it has gone down the plug hole.
The forum admin was a member of the Richardson family who have sold the estate and cut all ties.
From what I have gathered from reading the posts on this subject, it would seem unlikely that an individual would be able to fish Redmire this season.
Unless of course they were lucky enough to be alerted to the fact that someone was willing to sell a 'slot'. I must confess fishing Redmire is on my 'bucket list' despite having read that it is a shadow of what it once was. I would be prepared to 'blank', I know that many people do, but at least I could tick it off the list! :Hahaha:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Return to “Redmire Pool”