Milwards Matchmaster 12'

The Milwards Rods forum.
Penninelad
Arctic Char

Milwards Matchmaster 12'

Post by Penninelad »

I have been looking for one of these for some years and managed to acquire one very reasonably from a well known internet site. It appears to be in pristine condition, although it may have been refurbished. I had been asked to make up a team of 10 fishing under the banner of Kilnhurst & District AA(Ravenfield Ponds AC associated club) who had been challenged by a match group called "The Yorkshire Bandits"(apparently they going round taking money of people).The match was on the Croda length of the South Yorkshire Navigation.I am not a match fisherman but agreed to help out as one of the original team and commitments elsewhere. I used my "Matchmaster" to fish with the float and a Fosters of Ashbourne "The Perfection" to fish a swing tip a feeder on the far shelf. Of course everyone else was using plastic poles of great length ,To say it was a struggle for most of us was an understatement! In 6 hours I caught a Ruffe and a small perch. I had three bites and missed one . The Ruffe died so I could not weight it in so the weigh man generously gave me 1 oz! However one or two members of the team did well and a few others caught 3 or 4 fish so KDAA won and we got £18 each(we had however paid £20 to enter!).The Matchmaster is a lovely rod to use with a double taper tip section like the Craftversa and Swimversa.
Mark Davies

Santiago
Wild Carp

Re: Milwards Matchmaster 12'

Post by Santiago »

Any photos for reference!?
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Post by ReelMaker »

Good morning fellow friends,I had a Match master in 12ft a lovely rod for the river fishing,and a no1 Altex which was a lovely small reel,I sold them both at that time and had a glass rod and a 4 inch Rapidex.Happy days Terry

Penninelad
Arctic Char

Post by Penninelad »

ImageImage
Mark Davies

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Post by Harry H »

I have one they're a lovely rod to use :Thumb:
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Return to “Milwards Cane Rods”