Milwards Steeltip

The Milwards Rods forum.
Duckett
Tench

Re: Milwards Steeltip

Post by Duckett »

Coral Maestro wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:11 am
Reedling wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:02 am That sounds like good thinking with the splice, its a wonder taperflash type rods did not use the same thinking re ferrules. I look forward to hearing about and seeing the finished rod and your christening and opinion of its action on the bank. :Hat:
I'll put some pictures up once it's done. In the meantime i'll be looking around our local bricos to find a Humbrol grey primer equivalent. :holmes:
Sadly, model and art suppliers aren’t as common on the high street as they used to be and postage can make these things very expensive but this is what I was referring to from a supplier who I have never had any problems with:

https://www.hattons.co.uk/37309/humbrol ... etail.aspx

Revell will do an equivalent I’m sure but I’ve been a Humbrol user since I made my first models as a child!

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

Duckett wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:52 pm
Coral Maestro wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:11 am
Reedling wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:02 am That sounds like good thinking with the splice, its a wonder taperflash type rods did not use the same thinking re ferrules. I look forward to hearing about and seeing the finished rod and your christening and opinion of its action on the bank. :Hat:
I'll put some pictures up once it's done. In the meantime i'll be looking around our local bricos to find a Humbrol grey primer equivalent. :holmes:
Sadly, model and art suppliers aren’t as common on the high street as they used to be and postage can make these things very expensive but this is what I was referring to from a supplier who I have never had any problems with:

https://www.hattons.co.uk/37309/humbrol ... etail.aspx

Revell will do an equivalent I’m sure but I’ve been a Humbrol user since I made my first models as a child!

Phil
Thanks for that! I'll have to order and collect next time I'm in the UK.
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Kev D
Chub

Post by Kev D »

If l was looking for decent ,hard-wearing Battle-ship grey paint l wouldn't bother with art or modelling shops.
There is plenty of it for sale from army surplus and military vehicle outlets. You don't have to buy enough for a tank !
In order to shoot some close-ups, wildlife photographer ,the late Len Scapstillon, lured the orca to him by dressing as a seal.......

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

Kev D wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:42 am If l was looking for decent ,hard-wearing Battle-ship grey paint l wouldn't bother with art or modelling shops.
There is plenty of it for sale from army surplus and military vehicle outlets. You don't have to buy enough for a tank !
I don't know any military outlets in this neck of the woods. We are quite a way from the sea here in the Correze so there's not much call for battleship grey! I'll employ the assistance of Mr Google and see what he can come up with.
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Return to “Milwards Cane Rods”