A river bream

This forum is for discussing bream.
Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Re: A river bream

Post by Dave Burr »

Wye bream are usually in top condition with minimal slime and they actually put some effort into the fight, what's not to like? Mind you those greedy little so and so's that rattle my carp baits all night.....

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

That’s a smashing picture Dave - a beautiful bream too.....
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

Solithar
Roach

Post by Solithar »

Such beautiful fish, all of them shown here...

:Hat:
Lucian,
A beginner angler thankful for the endless and blessed joy of angling.

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Yes! I concur, had missed this post some cracking Bream, and Dave’s, well, what an absolute stunner.
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

All beautiful fish. Ive not had one out of the river this season, but a fishing pal had a 3lb roach bream hybrid last week and there are one or two of those around. They don’t count for me simply because they are neither one thing nor another....
John Harding

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

When I get to the Wye this year I will definitely have a go for these Bream - Dave’s fish took my breath away - simply stunning. How fortunate you are to be so close to what is my favourite river - it’s not just it’s inhabitants - the whole area is so beautiful.
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Post by ReelMaker »

Good evening friends,I well remember fishing for Bream on the Old Bedford drain at Sutton Gault when we were on school holidays ,a net full with no trouble ,mashed bread ground bait and bread paste on the hook ,I will go back one day and see if the Bream are still there.Reelmaker.

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

Well you do have the Wensum Pallenpool....
Next time you have a few days on the Wye, select two or three swims ( I can advise, if asked) and pre bait with a can of corn and some hemp. Nearly all my Wye bream, to 8lb, have been from swims with two days prebaiting. Friend Michael had a 9;15 last season.....
John Harding

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Troydog wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:16 pm Well you do have the Wensum Pallenpool....
Next time you have a few days on the Wye, select two or three swims ( I can advise, if asked) and pre bait with a can of corn and some hemp. Nearly all my Wye bream, to 8lb, have been from swims with two days prebaiting. Friend Michael had a 9;15 last season.....
The resonance the Wye has is irrefutable for many - I have always had a fascination for it - family and friends all live around or by it and for as long as I can remember it has had a magnetism so hard to resist.

At the back end of last year I fished with OMR just up from the Red Lion - and it was thrilling - the levels and weather were perfect at the beginning of the week but by the end it was in full spate - an idyll transformed into unequivocal raw power - but the fishing either side of this taciturn personality was superb if a tad dicey towards the end.

The plan is to head back there in the Summer and I would very much appreciate any wisdom you care to impart with regards to locating the Bream along the stretch if indeed they are there. So yes! Thankyou for the kind offer I would gladly welcome it.

Peter

Heraclitus

TrentFisher
Crucian Carp

Post by TrentFisher »

Well done Tim!

In recent years my local stretch of the Trent has increased greatly in bream numbers.
During the Summer/Autumn I catch them regularly whist roach fishing.The Barbel boys continually complain catching them and being kept awake during their night sessions.
The average size is around 6lb but I know doubles have been landed.
All the best
Nige.

Return to “Bream (Abramis brama)”