A river bream

This forum is for discussing bream.
Tengisgol
Barbel

Re: A river bream

Post by Tengisgol »

Pallenpool wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:12 am
Troydog wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:16 pm Well you do have the Wensum Pallenpool....
Next time you have a few days on the Wye, select two or three swims ( I can advise, if asked) and pre bait with a can of corn and some hemp. Nearly all my Wye bream, to 8lb, have been from swims with two days prebaiting. Friend Michael had a 9;15 last season.....
The resonance the Wye has is irrefutable for many - I have always had a fascination for it - family and friends all live around or by it and for as long as I can remember it has had a magnetism so hard to resist.

At the back end of last year I fished with OMR just up from the Red Lion - and it was thrilling - the levels and weather were perfect at the beginning of the week but by the end it was in full spate - an idyll transformed into unequivocal raw power - but the fishing either side of this taciturn personality was superb if a tad dicey towards the end.

The plan is to head back there in the Summer and I would very much appreciate any wisdom you care to impart with regards to locating the Bream along the stretch if indeed they are there. So yes! Thankyou for the kind offer I would gladly welcome it.

Peter
:Hat:
Back of the island, in the slack just off the crease, beat one. That’s the first place to look!
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Tengisgol wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:01 pm
Pallenpool wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:12 am
Troydog wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:16 pm Well you do have the Wensum Pallenpool....
Next time you have a few days on the Wye, select two or three swims ( I can advise, if asked) and pre bait with a can of corn and some hemp. Nearly all my Wye bream, to 8lb, have been from swims with two days prebaiting. Friend Michael had a 9;15 last season.....
The resonance the Wye has is irrefutable for many - I have always had a fascination for it - family and friends all live around or by it and for as long as I can remember it has had a magnetism so hard to resist.

At the back end of last year I fished with OMR just up from the Red Lion - and it was thrilling - the levels and weather were perfect at the beginning of the week but by the end it was in full spate - an idyll transformed into unequivocal raw power - but the fishing either side of this taciturn personality was superb if a tad dicey towards the end.

The plan is to head back there in the Summer and I would very much appreciate any wisdom you care to impart with regards to locating the Bream along the stretch if indeed they are there. So yes! Thankyou for the kind offer I would gladly welcome it.

Peter
Back of the island, in the slack just off the crease, beat one. That’s the first place to look!
Thanks Phil - I agree good place to start :Thumb:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

Yes the Wye captivated me in 1978 - it was love at first sight, and nothing has changed. The salmon fishing has deteriorated in that time but the coarse fishing has improved.
As for bream, mine have all been Autumn and winter fish when there is some colour in the river, but I know a man with a fixed underwater camera who as taken some footage of big Wye bream; I’ll have a word with him nearer the time. We don’t catch many. Dave Burr and I have speculated that the stock comes from Letton Oxbow lake, on the Left Hand Bank directly opposite the Red Lion stretch. Ive had bream to 7 from the Oxbow, but it has recently changed hands and is now a syndicate.
Let’s keep in touch!
And thank you Trentfisher, that’s a river I have not fished although I did see it briefly on the way to Martin’s Dick Walker book launch last year at Loughborough. The Soar looked good too.
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Will do that T.D. Thankyou.

No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Return to “Bream (Abramis brama)”