This might just be "perfection"...

Andrew J. Davis Cane Rods forum.
Wallys-Cast
Pike

Re: This might just be "perfection"...

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Well done the pair of you, it does sound as if you have created the perfect rod. :clap: :clap:

Wal.

Mercman
Roach

Post by Mercman »

I look forward to seeing some pictures, sounds like a beautiful rod...

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

Sounds utterly wonderful. I also have that Five-zero day coming up this year and it might just have to be the day I get my name in the book for Carpathia.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Well gentlemen, today was the day. I am flabbergasted with what Andrew has achieved. In my humble opinion, it is the perfect combination of light weight hollow built cane providing balance, crispness and sheer beauty.

I've been lucky enough to use or handle Barder, Ted Oliver, Southwell, Aspindale, Cook etc. and what Andrew is crafting now is up there (and possibly beyond) those master craftsmen. I've warned Mrs Tengisgol that she will be having an uncomfortable night tonight; that rod is coming to bed with me.

Pictures and full report in a new thread in a week or so, once Quinquaginta has had a little test and I have had a chat to Andrew about his plans (he's so pleased himself, he's adding it to his range).

:Cool:
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bumble »

Very pleased for you Tengisgol been in the same situation with AD cannot wait for the pictures I am discussions over something different again with him
Bumble

LuckyLuca
Barbel

Post by LuckyLuca »

Great news Phil. Looking forward to the pics and a catch report!
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Excellent to hear your reaction ... can't wait to see what's causing it ! ;-)
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

Evening Phil.... when you told me about the rod on Tuesday, at the Woodbine, :Hat: one question popped into my mind... what are you going to pair "Perfection" with.... reel wise...?

PS I found that Sealey Blank :Hat:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

For the time being Aitch, I've got a lovely little Seldex that is absolutely mint. It's a three incher and only weighs six ounces to compliment the 11.5 of the rod. So that is it's reel to start with. I know they're not the most sought after but it is lovely. One day, maybe something more specific, but I prefer a solid spool and would want it to be as light as possible so need to think about it a bit.

Great re. the Sealey blank, let's get together and I'll show you the fly rod. Let me know what Saturday's suit you. Cheers.
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

Tengisgol wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:12 pm Well gentlemen, today was the day. I am flabbergasted with what Andrew has achieved. In my humble opinion, it is the perfect combination of light weight hollow built cane providing balance, crispness and sheer beauty.

I've been lucky enough to use or handle Barder, Ted Oliver, Southwell, Aspindale, Cook etc. and what Andrew is crafting now is up there (and possibly beyond) those master craftsmen. I've warned Mrs Tengisgol that she will be having an uncomfortable night tonight; that rod is coming to bed with me.

Pictures and full report in a new thread in a week or so, once Quinquaginta has had a little test and I have had a chat to Andrew about his plans (he's so pleased himself, he's adding it to his range).

:Cool:
Good job its not a 60th..as the Sexquaginta is quite a handful.... :surrender:
Aquaerial
But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

Return to “Andrew J. Davis Cane Rods”