Cardinal 66

The ABU Reels forum.
Liphook
Barbel

Re: Cardinal 66

Post by Liphook »

Sounds exceptionally good value BeechmereLake! I doubt other service 'centers' could come close to that. I tinker myself but I'm sure others would welcome your invitation :Hat:

BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

Post by BeechmereLake »

Liphook, thanks for the reply, Im not all about making money as its a hobby for me, keeping reels on the bank is what Im all about and while I have boxes of parts for the Cardinal reels ( 33,44,66,77, 54,55,57 models) I only charge a small fee for the service to really cover my own costs, I do hundreds of Cardinal 55's and 57's for all the old school lads on Facebook who use these reels and since Carp fishing was a dear hobby of mine for 26 years (I took a break from it for 15 years and went match fishing) I was never gonna rob the hobby because I could. I actually have an old Abu parts cabinet which must weigh in at about 20 kilo's full of parts for the 33 44 66 and 77 dating from 1965-78, I also have a separate box for 54,55 and 57 reels. Due to faults that come with the 50 series reels I have also worked with Les Shaw on custom parts which helps to keep the 50 series reels moving into the next decade or two, Abu plastics were notorious for breaking, spools would break new in packet never used and after having 2 explode in use myself sought to get around the issue, this now means alloy spools with line clips are available for 55 and 57 reels, trip pin covers on the 55 are also now made of alloy as I have had so many cracked ones on reels in for service, finding NOS part trip covers was one of hardest things I have done, now this fix is done the only thing left to sort out is the actual trip pins for the 55 and Im nearly sorted there also.
Anyone has a problem just let me know. :Hat:
" It is a sinister place yet powerfully fascinating"

"BB"

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Thanks for the offer - I may take you up on just that!

Return to “ABU Reels”