Speedia question

This forum is for recording reel specifications.
Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Speedia question

Post by Harry H »

Can anyone tell me what lies underneath the centre boss of a Speedia, what happens (if anything) when you remove the three screws?
:Hat:
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

RBTraditional
Catfish

Re: Speedia question

Post by RBTraditional »

Pandora’s box.... you’ll unleash the forces of evil.... do not open!!!!!!!!! :Hahaha:
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

Get hold of the screwdriver, you know you want to, go into the light....

Thanks
BB
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

The three screws simply holds the central hub in the exact position for the spool release and drag to line up. The raised centre piece which holds the end play adjusting grub screw is simply pressed in and is a tolerance fit. It can be pushed out from the inside so is easy to replace or repair.

Wal.

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Post by Harry H »

Wallys-Cast wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:29 am The three screws simply holds the central hub in the exact position for the spool release and drag to line up. The raised centre piece which holds the end play adjusting grub screw is simply pressed in and is a tolerance fit. It can be pushed out from the inside so is easy to replace or repair.

Wal.
Cheers Wal it needs a new grub screw and it's pretty knackered so was wondering if it would make removing it easier. :Hat:
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Harry H wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:48 pm
Wallys-Cast wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:29 am The three screws simply holds the central hub in the exact position for the spool release and drag to line up. The raised centre piece which holds the end play adjusting grub screw is simply pressed in and is a tolerance fit. It can be pushed out from the inside so is easy to replace or repair.

Wal.
Cheers Wal it needs a new grub screw and it's pretty knackered so was wondering if it would make removing it easier. :Hat:
If you get stuck Harry, send the reel up and I'll put a new grub screw in for you.

Wal.

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Post by Harry H »

Wallys-Cast wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:46 pm
Harry H wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:48 pm

Wal.
If you get stuck Harry, send the reel up and I'll put a new grub screw in for you.

Wal.
Thanks Wal
That's very kind of you, I'll have a look myself but if I get stuck I'll be in touch.
:Hat:
Anthony Shepherdson

Return to “Reel Data Archive”