Eel

Re: wonder if Jack ever met up?

Post by Mario »

jack didn't seem to happy i bet he would have gave the bloke a flea in his ear

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Ha! Jack with his shirt off in the pub car park ready to rumble, I'd pay to watch that :Chuckle:

There are similar tales about all TV fishermen and unfortunately many of them are true. The pressure to show a fish to the camera when money has been invested for just a day or two bankside puts the morals of the presenter on the line. Let's face it, we'd generally rather see a fish than a blank. Some though are more eager than others to bend the rules :Wink: As an example, I watched Robson Green perfecting the art of early release with a string of tiger fish the other day. He was using a fixed spool whilst his guide was using a multiplier throughout the program yet, when he took that last minute fish to wrap up the day, it was on a rod with a multiplier. Hmmm? Maybe I'm just an old cynic or maybe........

I can't imagine Jack faking any of his fishing trips, they always looked slightly chaotic and unplanned somehow and totally natural.

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

So difficult to build a profile yet so easy for someone else to destroy it through lies.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Jealousy is a strange thing - but unlike other countries we mostly do not like "achievers".

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

You are bang on there Olly. The U.K. seem to love those who fail.

J.T
Catfish

Post by J.T »

I think its down to our love of the under dog in this Country, we love to see the favourite fail and the under dog win through. :)
"piscator non solum piscatur"

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

I've heard a lot stories about what goes on on these angling shows but you will never know the truth but all i know is they bait the swims well and pick the best swims in the stretch which they book out for the filming

MaggotDrowner
Zander

Post by MaggotDrowner »

I've heard all sorts about TV fishermen. About how in APFA a lot of the roach were "pre-caught", how Bob only caught one of those big pike. Also that John Wilson had a team of fishermen fishing with identical tackle and when they get a bite John grabs the rod and then presumably starts his hysterical laughter and saying things like "Come to Johnny" and "steady on Wilson". Apparently a lot of the water movement involved in filming fish fights is done by dragging submerged buckets about. :Chuckle:

How true this is I don't know. I choose to ignore it so it doesn't spoil my enjoyment of some of the best TV ever made. I love APFA and John Wilson programs.
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

MaggotDrowner wrote:I've heard all sorts about TV fishermen. About how in APFA a lot of the roach were "pre-caught", how Bob only caught one of those big pike. Also that John Wilson had a team of fishermen fishing with identical tackle and when they get a bite John grabs the rod and then presumably starts his hysterical laughter and saying things like "Come to Johnny" and "steady on Wilson". Apparently a lot of the water movement involved in filming fish fights is done by dragging submerged buckets about. :Chuckle:

How true this is I don't know. I choose to ignore it so it doesn't spoil my enjoyment of some of the best TV ever made. I love APFA and John Wilson programs.
Blimey !!!! Anyone shed any light on this??

Return to “Jack Hargreaves”