FTW The Curzon

The F. T. Williams Rods forum.
Kev D
Chub

FTW The Curzon

Post by Kev D »

I've just come home to find a rod propped against my front door. I guess a friend has been to a boot sale and knowing my deviant leanings to cane has kindly indulged me.
The two piece rod is 8 feet long and looks like a fairly heavy spinning rod.
It has no labels but hand written , spiralling around the butt , is the inscription: The Curzon An FTW Craftsman Rod Made in England.
The butt ring is a plain chromed item and may not be original ; it has certainly been rewhipped. One of the other rings ,which are porcelain lined and loose in their whippings ,is missing and the female ferule came away in my hand . Honest Guv ,l hardly touched itπŸ™„
I don't think l'm clever enough to undertake a restoration but would like to smarten it up a bit. If anyone could suggest a source for a suitable ring to replace the missing ring or name the style of ring l should be searching for , l would be very grateful.
Many thanks.
Kev
20200906_155116_resized.jpg
20200906_155146_resized.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In order to shoot some close-ups, wildlife photographer ,the late Len Scapstillon, lured the orca to him by dressing as a seal.......

Olly
Wild Carp

Re: FTW The Curzon

Post by Olly »

I think it was a sea rod - but stand to be corrected.

Kev D
Chub

Re: FTW The Curzon

Post by Kev D »

Olly wrote: ↑Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:59 pm I think it was a sea rod - but stand to be corrected.
You could right Olly. It would certainly be usable for light pier fishing or spinning off rocks.πŸ‘

It turns out my mate has had it for years- it came with some modern tackle he bought. As he's having a clear-out prior to moving,he thought he would ,in his words ,"dump it" on me. He was most apologeticπŸ™‚
In order to shoot some close-ups, wildlife photographer ,the late Len Scapstillon, lured the orca to him by dressing as a seal.......

Return to β€œF. T. Williams Cane Rods”