F T Williams Avon

The F. T. Williams Rods forum.
Jeremy Croxall
Zander

F T Williams Avon

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

I have just bought a 10' 6" FT Williams Avon Rod from Paul F's Estate Sale. Whole cane butt, split cane middle and tip.
This was acquired purely and simply as a project rod to give me something to do during my convalescence.
It has not arrived with me yet but It was described as needing a full restoration, which is just what I need!
I tried to find out a little more about FT Williams and specifically about this particular rod but failed.
Does anyone have one of these rods or know anything about the maker? I would be interested in any information relating to the rod and or the company itself.
Many thanks in anticipation! :Hat:Image
Last edited by Jeremy Croxall on Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Troydog
Tench

Re: F T Williams Avon

Post by Troydog »

Sorry Jeremy - this is miles away from anything I know about, but I hope that your convalescence is going well and that someone else on TFF knows about these matters. I am sure there are real experts that can help you in due course....
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

I know they made some excellent & well sort after rods --------

Looks like a Wizard type rod.

Near Pegley Davis - in Hersham Surrey - I used to go past them - on my bike - when fishing the river Mole at Esher Mills.

Penninelad
Arctic Char

Post by Penninelad »

You will not be disappointed Jeremy.In my experience F T Williams rods are very well made.I use a "Dorset" and " Dorset De Luxe" for chub and barbel fishing and have just refurbished a "The Rushton" a lovely rod for float fishing and light legering.
Mark Davies

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Penninelad wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:11 am You will not be disappointed Jeremy.In my experience F T Williams rods are very well made.I use a "Dorset" and " Dorset De Luxe" for chub and barbel fishing and have just refurbished a "The Rushton" a lovely rod for float fishing and light legering.
That's good to hear Mark. From what little I have been able to find out, the Dorset seems to have been a popular rod. There are several posts relating to the Dorset but no mention of the Avon.
I am looking forward to its arrival and refurbishment. :Thumb:
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Return to “F. T. Williams Cane Rods”