Sealey Floatcaster deluxe - cane bottom, glass upper2 - help required please

The Edgar Sealey & Sons Ltd Rods forum.
JasonR
Bleak

Re: Sealey Floatcaster deluxe - cane bottom, glass upper2 - help required please

Post by JasonR »

I have this Floatcaster Deluxe that used to belong to my late Father. It is cane top two and the top section is a fair bit shorter. Not sure whether this is a “bitsa” rod or not. Anyone advise please?
AF3B3BFF-5A87-4C0A-B1F1-9B8B4427F952.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MaggotDrowner
Zander

Re: Sealey Floatcaster deluxe - cane bottom, glass upper2 - help required please

Post by MaggotDrowner »

JasonR wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:03 pm I have this Floatcaster Deluxe that used to belong to my late Father. It is cane top two and the top section is a fair bit shorter. Not sure whether this is a “bitsa” rod or not. Anyone advise please?
I'd say the tip was probably broken at some point and all the line guides re-spaced out.
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Yes, I agree with Jack...nice rod if you can source a new tip.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Paul W wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:38 pm
MaggotDrowner wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:22 pm I have a floatcaster of this configuration. I think they also did a 12ft version in that configuration too.

I thought the original whipping colour was blue. Certainly a lot of Sealey rods were whipped in blue.

You may (or not) find that the underside of any whippings you remove are blue.
We used know the Sealy rods as ...... Sealy blue match rods when I was a kid....
It’s just what everyone called them in sunny Yorkshire 🥴
A local lad had one and was the envy Of the local fishing community.
Blue Match was one of their compound tapered tip section 'glass rods from the mid Sixties. Bit expensive they are very rare now.

Paul W
Bleak

Post by Paul W »

Nobby wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:25 pm
Paul W wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:38 pm
MaggotDrowner wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:22 pm I have a floatcaster of this configuration. I think they also did a 12ft version in that configuration too.

I thought the original whipping colour was blue. Certainly a lot of Sealey rods were whipped in blue.

You may (or not) find that the underside of any whippings you remove are blue.
We used know the Sealy rods as ...... Sealy blue match rods when I was a kid....
It’s just what everyone called them in sunny Yorkshire 🥴
A local lad had one and was the envy Of the local fishing community.
Blue Match was one of their compound tapered tip section 'glass rods from the mid Sixties. Bit expensive they are very rare now.
Thanks for the info 👍
Always look forward when walking or you might walk into a wall !

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Post by Barbelseeker »

My thanks to Jack - aka - Maggotdrowner - for the bottom eye ring and reel whipping thread - just arrived. It will give me something to do on the darker nights - busy gardening, jam and chutney making at the moment. As well as looking after 3 allotments - we basically - grow what we eat - apart from a odd slice of bacon.

MaggotDrowner
Zander

Post by MaggotDrowner »

My pleasure. It was in a box doing nothing. Much better on your rod.
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

TerryTheFish
Stickleback

Post by TerryTheFish »

My whipping is deffo dark green

TerryTheFish
Stickleback

Post by TerryTheFish »

What era are these I have a floatcaster deluxe with dark green whipping . Wondered what the build year might be

Return to “Edgar Sealey & Sons Ltd Cane Rods”