Edgar Sealey Glane fly rod

The Edgar Sealey & Sons Ltd Rods forum.
Bob Brookes
Zander

Edgar Sealey Glane fly rod

Post by Bob Brookes »

A good friend of mine is disposing of some rods belonging to a pal who has passed away. I am purchasing what sounds like a Legerstrike, which I am collecting on Wednesday, but he has offered me the above which is of no interest to me.

Would there be any interest on a Glane Fly Rod from any member on here? There is no expectation of great value so dependent on condition, I expect it to be very good, I reckon £20 would clinch it.

Do I pick it up with my other rod or leave it? I could bring it to Redditch to save postage!

I haven't put this on the Sale and Wanted section as it is dependent on any interest, :Hat:
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Bob Brookes
Zander

Re: Edgar Sealey Glane fly rod

Post by Bob Brookes »

Just a clarification! This is an early glass rod, hence the name.
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Bob Brookes wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:16 am Just a clarification! This is an early glass rod, hence the name.
Hi Bob, I have been reliably informed that these rods were named 'Glane' because in the opinion of Sealey they were as near as possible replicating the action or performance of cane. Glass/Cane = Glane Whether they did or not is for others to say! :Hat:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

Thanks for the clarification Ted.

Argyll Trout Fisher
Ruffe

Post by Argyll Trout Fisher »

I have just taken delivery of a 3 piece 10 ft Glane Fly Rod. It’s a nice rod in decent condition. The brass ferrules however are tight and were a bit discoloured. I have cleaned them up and a very small amount of lubricating oil has eased them a bit. Any advice on remedying this problem would be welcomed and appreciated!
Duncan F. Mac

Return to “Edgar Sealey & Sons Ltd Cane Rods”