Help Please

The Edgar Sealey & Sons Ltd Rods forum.
Thameside
Gudgeon

Re: Help Please

Post by Thameside »

Did you buy it because you liked the look of the rod or because of the name & the look.
If it was because of the name & look , just contact the seller & get a refund. You could open a dispute otherwise & you would get your money back.

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

Thank you all,I bought it because it was said to be a Edgar sealey rod and also a cane rod as well,they wanted £25 and collect in person,I offered £20 and would they post if i gave them another £10...I told them I was hoping it was not a sea rod because it was only 7ft +,I like the rod anyway and will be keeping it,I will not open a dispute,Just upset it may not be a Edgar sealey..Something about the name Edgar sealey...love it..My best rod is a Black arrow.happy days.Thanks for your help

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

I think it is by a "reputable" maker - by looking at the cork handle with the larger cork ring to prevent the reel bands falling off!
Not seen that on cheap rods - or an Edgar Sealey?

Thameside
Gudgeon

Post by Thameside »

Totally understand your view. As long as you are happy & I am sure that as soon as you catch on it you will be happy.

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

:Thumb:

MaggotDrowner
Zander

Post by MaggotDrowner »

I've seen that wider section of cork to stop the reel bands falling off before, but I don't remember the maker! :Confused:
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

Fields of Highgate road have used that lower bulbous cork ring on their rods MD, I have one with it on.

Return to “Edgar Sealey & Sons Ltd Cane Rods”