Special Mk4?

The B. James & Sons Rods forum.
SharkBoy
Perch

Special Mk4?

Post by SharkBoy »

Hi guys looking for any comments to this .. I have just collected my Mk4 today from master rod artist Mr Paul Cook from the wilds of Norfolk .. a light restoration to bring the rod back to better than new .. his comment to me was that he thought it was a special late version probably early 60's as the cork butt section was 31 inches instead of the customary 29 inch - the rod is also whipped every 1/2 inch up the entire blank tip to toe .. the rod is now a very handsome beast and glistens with Paul's trademark liquid varnish finish ... out on the bank on Tuesday for hopefully a winter whackerπŸ‘

Pallenpool
Zander

Re: Special Mk4?

Post by Pallenpool »

SharkBoy wrote: ↑Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:18 pm Hi guys looking for any comments to this .. I have just collected my Mk4 today from master rod artist Mr Paul Cook from the wilds of Norfolk .. a light restoration to bring the rod back to better than new .. his comment to me was that he thought it was a special late version probably early 60's as the cork butt section was 31 inches instead of the customary 29 inch - the rod is also whipped every 1/2 inch up the entire blank tip to toe .. the rod is now a very handsome beast and glistens with Paul's trademark liquid varnish finish ... out on the bank on Tuesday for hopefully a winter whackerπŸ‘
Very interested in having a look at this rod - could you post a photo of it?

:Hat:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Liphook
Barbel

Re: Special Mk4?

Post by Liphook »

Sounds superb Sharky :Hat:

Return to β€œB. James & Sons Cane Rods”