MkIV questions.

The B. James & Sons Rods forum.
Beresford
Sea Trout

Re: MkIV questions.

Post by Beresford »

Another gem from Barder is the advice to turn the rod upside down during protracted battles. Doing so can help ensure the power fibres aren't over stressed. Generally once I've got on top of fish after the initial tussle, I turn my rods over. I'm sure this has helped them remain reasonably straight over the many years I've had them.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Tonkin Wand
Grayling

Post by Tonkin Wand »

Hi, An interesting thread that covered many areas ! Just a thought why not wrap the male ferrules with PTFE tape to keep the dirt out and verdigris away when the you put the rod away,especially at the end of the season.Pampered or what !

Tonkin Wand
Grayling

Post by Tonkin Wand »

Hi, An interesting thread that covered many areas ! Just a thought why not wrap the male ferrules with PTFE tape to keep the dirt out and verdigris away when the you put the rod away,especially at the end of the season.Pampered or what ! :whistle:

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

I wrap the foot of my Mitchell reels with PFTE tape when putting them on a rod to try to retain the paint finish. If you haven't got a ferrule stopper it's worth sourcing or making one.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Return to “B. James & Sons Cane Rods”