11.5ft B James & Son Kennet Perfection

The B. James & Sons Rods forum.
SlimJim
Ruffe

11.5ft B James & Son Kennet Perfection

Post by SlimJim »

Hi All,

11.5ft B James & Son Kennet Perfection.

I was hoping you might have some information regarding this rod please - I'm thinking perhaps it would be ideal for chub on the river (too light for barbel?) and perhaps tench on stillwaters?

Do any of you use one, and if so, for what?

Very many thanks and best regards,

Jim

PS: I've also put a post in the 'wanted' section regarding this rod, as I am looking for a suitable cloth bag for it - the original bag is no longer with the rod, and so I'm on the look-out for a second hand original (a long shot I realise), or to get a suitably high quality bag custom made for it.

Chubman
Crucian Carp

Re: 11.5ft B James & Son Kennet Perfection

Post by Chubman »

kennet perfections can very, mines a stiff actioned rod and a bit heavy for my taste, but its tamed a barbel or two on the royalty,chris wards wife made me a very good copy rod bag,www.rodcraftsman.com

SlimJim
Ruffe

Post by SlimJim »

Hi Chubman,

Mmmm, that doesn't sound quite the same as the one I've got. In terms of its action, and what line I'd instinctively use with it, I reckon 6lb line would be about right - it's certainly not a 'poker', in fact it's got a rather sweet looking through-action. I'd be slightly nervous about tangling with a Royalty barbel with it, especially in full winter flow conditions!

Thanks for the link to the rod bags, I will make further enquiries!

Many thanks & all the best,

Jim

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

I have a James Kennet Perfection which I use regularly - an absolutely splendid rod in my view which has accounted for some fine river chub and stillwater tench and last year whilst on a stillwater fishing for tench and crucians managed to handle a 16lb Common Carp albeit after an extended battle on 4lb bs line and centre pin.

SlimJim
Ruffe

Post by SlimJim »

Cracking looking carp!

It sounds like your rod might have a similar action to mine...as previously mentioned I was thinking chub/tench, but knowing that you tamed a decent carp on it gives me some back-up confidence too - just in case I also bump into a rogue carp, or a barbel.

Thanks for your reply.

Jim

I’ve spoiled up with fresh line today, and am hoping to get to the river in the next few days.

Return to “B. James & Sons Cane Rods”