B James Kennet Perfection - number of sections

The B. James & Sons Rods forum.
Badger
Grayling

B James Kennet Perfection - number of sections

Post by Badger »

I have seen a couple of examples of a 2 piece and a 3 piece rod for sale both 11 feet 6 inches. We're they available in both options ? Thanks Badger.
"An undisturbed river is as perfect as we will ever know, every refractive slide of cold water a glimpse of eternity" - Thomas McGuane

Olly
Wild Carp

Re: B James Kennet Perfection - number of sections

Post by Olly »

I always though that they were similar to a Chapman's 500 or 550, -- 2 cane joints + handle?

The 'Avon Perfection' is 3 equal joints.

Woodytia
Crucian Carp

Post by Woodytia »

Two cane sections and a separate handle is usual, although I'm sure I have seen a three piece rod by Olivers of the same name even though they produced a KP rod in the usual format.

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

I have a B.James Kennet Perfection although I believe it may be a late one. It comprises two cane sections of equal length and a separate handle - a fine rod in my opinion which I like enormously. I also have a B.James Avon Perfection which is three cane sections of equal length and this rod has a softer action than the Kennet although some would say perhaps it has a sloppy action. However, I find the Avon Perfection to have a firm and resolute action when playing a decent fish so maybe a bit Jekyll & Hyde.

Return to “B. James & Sons Cane Rods”