B james Ealing, London, MKIV

The B. James & Sons Rods forum.
Hexapin
Bleak

B james Ealing, London, MKIV

Post by Hexapin »

I came to the conclusion that one has to have a MKIV in ones collection and that it must be an early one. I believe I have acquired one as per the photos. Once put together and waggled I now know what all the fuss it about. Its so fast, powerful, crisp, balanced.

I'm almost starting to think that the MKIV, the LRH No.2, the Wallis wizard, the ISIS, the Kennet Perfection and the Pezon et Michel Parabolic pretty much have it all covered. Making all the other rods obsolete...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The Old Buffer
Crucian Carp

Re: B james Ealing, London, MKIV

Post by The Old Buffer »

A lovely bit of kit. Enjoy. :Hat:
The coiled line travels from the reel, it brings up at last, the hook goes home, and then begins the test of skill. "BB"

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

Very nice..that tip looks almost the diameter of my S/U..a real treasure that will cope with weedy old swims I bet.
Aquaerial
But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Very nice looking MKV you have there.....I wish I could say that mine look as good.........

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Looks a fine acquisition, Sir ... but "pretty much have it all covered" ??? What about a gudgeon rod ... and a Spanish reed/Split cane roach rod ... and that rod you'll waggle at Redditch Tackle Fair and fall in love with ... and ... well ... you get the picture. :Wink:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

Nice.

To your list I'd say you need to add an 11' carp rod. I've being using one this summer and I've enjoyed the extra reach and power. I'd say my MkIV doesn't have quite the same ability to control fish as this longer, stronger rod. If anything it's a tad too powerful to be precisely what I want and I'd still like a slighter softer, better balanced 11' carp rod. Equally a short stalking rod might be in order as well, and so the quest continues.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Hexapin
Bleak

Post by Hexapin »

I would say that I lie in bed at night ruminating these very thoughts but I'm too embarrassed to admit my illness.

Hexapin
Bleak

Post by Hexapin »

AshbyCut wrote:Looks a fine acquisition, Sir ... but "pretty much have it all covered" ??? What about a gudgeon rod ... and a Spanish reed/Split cane roach rod ... and that rod you'll waggle at Redditch Tackle Fair and fall in love with ... and ... well ... you get the picture. :Wink:
Also there is the 11 ft Kirndale which once back from refurb I feel is going o be a superb medium to heavy trotter.

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

And a Climax for Moggys...if you will forgive the innuendo.
Aquaerial
But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Topper of a rod that one Russ, very nice indeed.

Wal.

Return to “B. James & Sons Cane Rods”