Its not a Paragon but could be Perfection !

The B. James & Sons Rods forum.
Hexapin
Bleak

Re: Its not a Paragon but could be Perfection !

Post by Hexapin »

I fall into the same camp as Greentura in that I paid a lot for mine and then paid to have it refurbished. So it owes me a fair bit. However, its a goodun and.. I don't care how much it owes me. I wanted one and now I have a minty.

I saw that on ebay the first time round no one even bid on it. I was tempted to snap it up just to bring my average purchase price down.

In my humble and limited experience if the cane is ok your money is safe even if you paid for a rebuild.

Russ

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=13576

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

I also fall into the same camp as I paid a fair amount for my James Kennet Perfection and then persuaded Barder to restore it so the whole project was quite expensive but it has to be one of my favourite rods and if you get as much enjoyment out of yours as I do out of mine you will realise you got deal of the decade.

Mushy
Arctic Char

Post by Mushy »

Thanks again for all your comments gentlemen....hope to take her out this weekend, will let you know how it goes :Thumb:
Best Fishes
Mushy

QuinetteCane
Rudd

Post by QuinetteCane »

Just read this post and listened to the Interview by Martin James.
I have a Fred Crouch Barbel Perfection made by Scottie Rods (Weaver) dunno the age of it but would estimate the timeline to be in the Nineties.
The action is more like a shorter FJT Roach at 11'6", rather nicer than the Barder which is 12'4" altho 11'9" is writ upon it (The Barder)?
My FC example is whipped in green Lovely!
I guess his KP would have been retired around then, assuming he would use the Scottie of his own branding?

Return to “B. James & Sons Cane Rods”