MkIV SU

The B. James & Sons Rods forum.
PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

MkIV SU

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Hopefully herewith are attached a few photos of my James MkIV SU which is in excellent condition albeit that there is some very slight movement between the ferrules which will be resolved later this year (for the time being the expert advice I have received is to use a little candle wax on the ferrules when assembling the rod). I acquired this rod after suffering defeat by Whiskers maximus when I was using a Mk IV Carp Rod and 8lb bs line and felt I needed to up the game to make up for my lack of skill in dealing with the leviathan. The SU is paired with 12lb bs line and I am hopeful for a better outcome on the next meeting with Whiskers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Julian
Salmon

Re: MkIV SU

Post by Julian »

Looks a really nice rod PH :Thumb:
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Well hopefully Julian it might answer a few questions in your search for one hence the specific photo of the female ferrule. Anyway it is yours to have a go with if you haven't got one by the time we next are on a day out - I will bring the candle to wax the ferrules + a Mitchell 300 with 12lb bs line if you fancy that pairing - all up to you if you prefer to bring your own candle and reel then that is fine with me.

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Your reel and wax will be fine PH :Thumb: :Happy:
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Return to “B. James & Sons Cane Rods”