MK4 Avon/Carp Rod Garage find

The B. James & Sons Rods forum.
Malc52
Stickleback

Re: MK4 Avon/Carp Rod Garage find

Post by Malc52 »

I have just finished a MK IV complete with 3/8th inch inters. I used Superior threads, Kimono silk which is very fine and makes neat inters. I also find that using a wire needle threader instead of a piece of thread to draw the tail back through makes things a little easier. I also do about half a dozen then seal them with thinned threadmaster varnish to shrink and glue in position.Image

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Harry H wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:16 am
Old Man River wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:21 pm Just a quick suggestion, when doing the inters ( I have done 4 sets of full inters on Mk IV rods in the last two years)

Do as many as you can manage in a sitting, and before you put it down, apply a coat of water based satin varnish to the whippings to ‘ glue ‘ them in place , otherwise , a slight accident could result in a few coming loose , which is a real downer when you have spent s lot of time on them .

OMR.
Good tip that nothing quite find one has come loose for raising the blood pressure :Cursing:
Coming to the end of my Mk IV marathon 155 down 52 to go I think :Tongue:
Harry you,re lucky you,re not doing an early one there,s only 56 inters from the tip ring to the next ring along.

Have a look at the bottom one

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

Were that many inters just decorative? or was there a strengthening aspect to them...?
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

That's inter overkill or a serious lack of faith in the glue bond!

Return to “B. James & Sons Cane Rods”