Hardy "The General" 12ft.

The Hardy Rods forum.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

Hardy "The General" 12ft.

Post by AshbyCut »

Bought on Sunday ... arrived today ... great service !!!

This is the Hardy "The General" ... nothing to do with the army !!!

The description in the 1953 "Hardy Super Bottom Fishing" catalogue for 1953 says it all ... and the number G31726 dates this rod to 1954.

On the 'downside,' the rod measures 11ft. 10in, so the tip is 2 inches short. (Actually, the illustration in the catalogue seems to show the tip shorter than the middle section.)

On the 'upside,' it has been immaculately restored bu Shaun Lindsley of Dorset ...

... those 2 inches will make no difference to the action ... and the price I paid was, I consider, considerably less that I would have had to pay for a 'perfect' example. especially with this level of finish.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Re: Hardy "The General" 12ft.

Post by Dave Burr »

Another gem Mal.

AllRounder
Brown Trout

Post by AllRounder »

Another nice rod to add to the Hardy collection Mal. These later Generals are very versatile rods. My eleven foot version copes very well with both chub and barbel and is light enough to hold all day if necessary. Well found. :Thumb:

Paul F
Sea Trout

Post by Paul F »

I have a general from 1922, it is a heavy floppy stick, having handled Allrounder's, i can vouch these later generals are a more than capable rod, well found Mal :Hat:

Return to “Hardy Cane Rods”