Hardy LRH No2?

The Hardy Rods forum.
Cat
Chub

Re: Hardy LRH No2?

Post by Cat »

Evening All
Top information Gentleman (as ever). Having the excellent Allcock Carp Avon for 'medium' carp, it's really the heavier work rod I'm after.
To give you a flavour, my glass carp rods are a B&W SU MkIV for 12lb line, an Aiken Superflex Carp Supreme for 10lb (beautiful piece of kit), along with an unnamed MkIV (probably a kit), and either a Hardy Avon or Hardy Swimfeeder for 8lb...all bases sort of covered, but I've also got the cane bug now!
Thanks all
Cat

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

How have you got on in your quest?

Cat
Chub

Post by Cat »

Hi Olly,
Purchased a LRH No2 from Keston. An excellent bit of kit, and perfect for what I wanted - powerful rod. Lovely restored condition courtesy of Wal, and more than fair price. I've initially paired it with a KP Morrits Intrepid Continental with 12lb mono, and it's successfully been employed on snaggy water. I still intend to find a Altex No3, but will also try it with one of my no2's. The Continental coped reasonably admirably, but is a little agricultural despite a half decent clutch and brass worm gearing (watch your fingers on that bail arm (although, one may argue there's less to go wrong))! I'll also try a Delmatic with it at some point.
Next cane quest will be a MkIV...seems logical in respect of my standard day to day rod is a B&W MkIV g, or the SU version.
Regards Cat 🐈

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

I'm really pleased you are happy with the LRH2 Cat . Wal did a great job restoring it .

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Very impressed with them - I now have 3.

Cat
Chub

Post by Cat »

3 X LRH no2's, MkIV's, or Altex No3's?

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

3 X LRH No:2s - - 2 X B James Avon MkIV - - and no Altex reels!

Return to “Hardy Cane Rods”