Billy Lane Combination Match Rod

The Allcocks Rods forum.
PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Billy Lane Combination Match Rod

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Here are a few photos of the rod I bought in 1967 as I believe one or two of us on here have one of these rods. Not cane I know but with inters and other features it was I believe intended to appeal to the lovers of cane.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Aquaerial
Chub

Re: Billy Lane Combination Match Rod

Post by Aquaerial »

:drool: on my wish list. I have the ubiquitous float and Swing-tip. Jack of all trades and master of all like the man himself.
Aquaerial
But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

Nice rod that.

LuckyLuca
Barbel

Post by LuckyLuca »

Funny you should post this as I had mine out on the canal for a few hour this afternoon!

Cracking rod.
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

TrentFisher
Crucian Carp

Post by TrentFisher »

I have the 13ft match rod,I use it all the time with either a Mitchell 300 or Intrepid Elite,I have seen comments saying its a heavy rod etc,but I find these combinations well matched and I can easily stand trotting the Trent for 5-6 hours with no trouble.and I am only a little bloke!

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

Consider also the Benny Ashurst Trent rod. Another great glass rod for big river fishing

:Thumb:
Aquaerial
But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

Therealflyman
Stickleback

Post by Therealflyman »

I have one still in mint condition and still with original swing tip wonder what they go for these days as don't get fishing very much anymore and at some time I will have to sell

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Lovely rod. As a bit of a fan of early glass I spot them regularly on evil bay but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a complete one and I’ve never seen one with the swingtip! Most seem to be in a poor condition or very badly restored. Thanks for sharing.

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Aquaerial wrote: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:54 pm Consider also the Benny Ashurst Trent rod. Another great glass rod for big river fishing

:Thumb:
I bought a Benny Ashurst Trent rod - 3 years ago for £50 and absolutely love it although to date I have only used it on still waters and canals.

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Therealflyman wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:56 pm I have one still in mint condition and still with original swing tip wonder what they go for these days as don't get fishing very much anymore and at some time I will have to sell
I still have my Billy Lane Combination Match rod with original stoppers and bag which I bought in the 1960s for a little less than £20 at the rate of 10 shillings per week or thereabouts. I saw one at a dealers around 3 years ago when I bought my Benny Ashurst Trent and I think he wanted £75 for the Billy Lane Combination Match rod.

Return to “Allcocks Cane Rods”