Another Quinette MK7 Topic

The Chapmans Rods forum.
MrCrabtree
Rudd

Another Quinette MK7 Topic

Post by MrCrabtree »

Following on from the subject of Quinettes by barbelbonce I decide to have a closer inspection of my MK7 which I have never used.
I realised that though the butt and middle sections are 5 sided the top section is actually six sided cane.I am now really disappointed
and annoyed at myself for not checking properly when I bought the rod, though it didn't actually cost me too much.
But never the less I may have to stop reading topics on The Forum in case I discover further disappointments.
ONLY JOKING
Mike

Deaf Cat
Grayling

Re: Another Quinette MK7 Topic

Post by Deaf Cat »

Annoying, but who’s counting?
Duffer - The man without skill of hand, without good eyesight and no longer young - the man who really ought to fish!
(H.M. Bateman / R.D. Peck)

Greentura
Crucian Carp

Re: Another Quinette MK7 Topic

Post by Greentura »

Mine too has a 6 sided tip and is as it left the factory according to John when I asked about 7 years ago, it doesn’t detract from the feel of the rod which incidentally shares its dimensions, handle length, guide spacing and sizes and tip tapers with my Amwel. Both splendid rods but the Quinette has more power through the butt and mid sections which shows how the five an six sided sections compare.

Return to “Chapmans Cane Rods”