Shared parcel costs on a Chapman's order for germans?

The Chapmans Rods forum.
OldTackle
Arctic Char

Shared parcel costs on a Chapman's order for germans?

Post by OldTackle »

Hey chaps,

I will order a reproduction of a replacement tip section from Chapman's. They do a variation of several famous rods which possibly will also fit other rods. My replacement will go on an Allcocks SuperWizard. So if you have a broken tip or a droop or a weak tip section this might also be a solution for you. As one item will be loaded with a large amount of postage costs (almost the same as for the section itself) I thought it might be a good idea to share the costs. If you are interested please PM me.

Christopher
< °) >>><( Christopher )><<< (° >

OldTackle
Arctic Char

Re: Shared parcel costs on a Chapman's order for germans?

Post by OldTackle »

Here is their special offer. Some tip sections for coarse rods can be found scrolling down to the end.

Chris

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I think you forgot the link Chris...?

http://www.chapmanblanks.co.uk/?page_id=105

I can thoroughly vouch for their rod sections, I've used them for replacement tips many times and they have never failed to impress me enormously.

I see they have offered and sold an Aspindale Roach Rod...that is surely a copy of my 894B that I allowed them to measure up.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Actually Nobby, Sir ... the taper and length of the section they sold is as near as damn it identical to the 6 inch short tip section that came with my Aspindale's "The Avon No. 892' ... and it's currently about to receive it's second coat of varnish ! :Thumb:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

OldTackle
Arctic Char

Post by OldTackle »

Thank you Nobby. Of course I forgot the link. Anyway. They are very nice blokes and was a sheer lunacy to talk to them. The opportunity to get a brand-new tip section on so many different rods is simply stunning. I wonder why nobody takes this chance to get a spare on shared posting costs.

Chris

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

They probably would, Chris....it's just a matter of timing. It's always worth contacting Chapmans ( but not by e-mail I have discovered :Chuckle: ) They often have tips in stock made up years ago. I once asked about a tip for another Aspindale. By the time I called in they had FOUR for me to choose from! And the price was unbelievable generous.

AC, the rod I meant was a two-piece 11 foot 6 inch rod they called an Aspindale roach rod on the page...the sections were 5'9" each, of course. That does match the 894B exactly and I know that John liked the rod very much.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Apologies Nobby, Sir. Carried away with my own excitement at getting a tip for "The Avon No 892" !!!
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Return to “Chapmans Cane Rods”