From Sowerbutts to Homers.

The Sowerbutts Rods forum.
Fredline
Tench

From Sowerbutts to Homers.

Post by Fredline »

ImageImage
I have just finished restoring this lovely 15' E. L. Sowerbutts rod. It was mainly the middle section that needed work as the original guides had been removed and newer + extra guides added. This made the whole triform whipping out os synch. I have not restored any rods for a while and thoroughly enjoyed myself. So what next? A Homers N0 61 I bought from John Andrews a couple of years ago. Again it is the middle section that has been stripped of guides. What is it with middle sections? The ferrules have to be reset and the butt ring is a little damaged. It is nice to see the original ferrule stops. At the moment I an unsure of the wrap colour, it looks very "plummy" but I will find out when I whip a section off. A logical step when you consider the Sowerbutts/Homers connection.ImageImageImageImage
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Harry H
Tench

Re: From Sowerbutts to Homers.

Post by Harry H »

Nice job Fredline and good luck with the Homer :Hat:
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Return to “T. H. Sowerbutts & Sons Cane Rods”