"Burley"

The Dawsons of Bromley Rods forum.
Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Re: "Burley"

Post by Loop Erimder »

I have just obtained one of these a bit battered and in need of a new tip ring I also got another rod which is glass that's in reasonable condition and also thrown in was a fly rod Made in USA very battered with three tips will need a complete strip down some new ferrals may only be good enough to make a couple of cane bank sticks the three rods for £15. I can now have an attempt at a rod refurb :Happy:
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Well done. What length is the Burley, Sir?
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

I think it was advertised at 8 foot. He had a Bjames MKIV and one of the glass ones too compound taper s/u just missed out on the s/u but I went round to collect the cane tables I won for a fiver same seller the chap who won the two rods didn't realise it was collection only so didn't want them. I had a look and noticed the tip ring broken so offered him 15 for the burly and glass one (not bjames s/u) and he agreed and gave me the knackered fly rod too. I'll measure when I get home and post photos too
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Here's the Burley measured at 8'2" Looks like original whippings a bit tatty so will be my first refurb, I just need a new tip ring

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

My Burley has a 'tulip' tip ring. They are very rare I'm afraid.

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Tulip tip ring on the Medina as well

JimmyBobkin
Crucian Carp

Post by JimmyBobkin »

Got one of these on 'the Bay' last night for a bargain £22 inc p&p. Badly listed, just one other bidder. Got pipped on another Dawsons rod but one has to put the brakes on before auction fever takes hold. Will take some pics when it has arrived.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Welcome to the club, Sir. What length is yours? Mine is 7' 1" and Loop's is 8' 2". There's also an 8' 5 1/2" "Burley Pike.'
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

JimmyBobkin
Crucian Carp

Post by JimmyBobkin »

Mine is stated as being 9'. Listed under antique fishing as a sea rod.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Looking forward to seeing the pictures, Sir.

Return to “Dawsons of Bromley Cane Rods”