Centre Pins and the Wallis Cast

This forum is for discussing Wallis Casting.
Wallis Master

Re: Centre Pins and the Wallis Cast

Post by Wallis Master »

Tigger wrote:We do have our wallis casters oop north also :). One gentleman from round these ere parts who is a true professional of the wallis cast and as good a caster as is physically possible is Alan Roe. He is a gent of the highest order and will always make time to teach a pupil how to cast.
I am ok myself and would also lend a helping hand to anyone needing some tuition.
Bravo Sir...together we shall teach the world!

Wallis Master

Post by Wallis Master »

Sounds like a challenge! ;-)

George387
Crucian Carp

Post by George387 »

Alan I will agree is a true gent, I recently swapped a few emails with him over some fishing he does across here in Yorkshire :Thumb:
Brown Trout maybe Beautiful But Grayling are Gorgeous. "Lets Tackle Cancer" Supporter
The Flee & Float

Somerton

Post by Somerton »

Hi there WM and welcome to the forum, you will find this a truly excellent place.

I regularly fish the Itchen between Mansbridge and Woodmill, as this is a water I grew up on and honed by centrepin skills. I still like to get down there once or twice a month in search of that Roach of a lifetime. :Beg:

I think you will find we have a mutual friend and I am sure we may have met of occasions. :Wink:

Wallis Master

Post by Wallis Master »

I'm sure we have! It's a great little tight knit community down there! One thing I love is that most of us love the technique..we are also keen to pass the skill on!!

At every demo I have done I have had vast numbers of fisherman who would love to learn!

I think myself lucky that not only was I taught by one of the best centre pin anglers in the country M.Elliott, but I can still go down to the river, watch him (and others) and be humbled by thier skill and knowledge...

Now just to share it...!

Wallis Master

Post by Wallis Master »

I'm sure we have! It's a great little tight knit community down there! One thing I love is that most of us love the technique..we are also keen to pass the skill on!!

At every demo I have done I have had vast numbers of fisherman who would love to learn!

I think myself lucky that not only was I taught by one of the best centre pin anglers in the country M.Elliott, but I can still go down to the river, watch him (and others) and be humbled by thier skill and knowledge...

Now just to share it...!

Sneaky

Post by Sneaky »

Spence is my Son in law,and I whole heartedly can tell all, his modesty forbids him saying how proficient he is.I would definately take his offer,as you would find it hard to find a better tutor.He taught me and I am the original 'Mr.Bean!'.

Maggot's Dad

Post by Maggot's Dad »

Wallis Master wrote:I'm sure we have! It's a great little tight knit community down there! One thing I love is that most of us love the technique..we are also keen to pass the skill on!!

Now just to share it...!
Hi again Wallis Master,
do you mind if I show him your remark, he'd be "dead chuffed" to be "mentioned in dispatches"?
A "smashing Chap" and also one of my closest of friends.

Wallis Master

Post by Wallis Master »

Absolutely not!

Woolly Bear
Chub

Post by Woolly Bear »

Hey I would love to be able to cast better with my pins they are all I use , watched vids on u tube ,but still get tangles . My pins are not that free running but I love them I know its me . I will not give up though.Regards ,Woolly Bear ,Deepestish Cornwall . :Thumb: :Thumb: :Thumb: :Hat:

Return to “Wallis Casting”