RIVER WALLINGTON

This forum belongs to the other rivers.
Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

RIVER WALLINGTON

Post by Bobthefloat »

The river Wallington has taken a other victim!

I and many others have wrote about this magical little river and its fountain of youth like qualities. I need my yearly fix at this special venue which normally comes in the way of the JOLLY ON THE WALLY our annual event
But unfortunately a house move this year prevented me attending. After having a chat with Wallyboy Rob in the week he kindly arranged guest tickets for me and my wife. It's been a long time coming as Lily has heard all about our adventures there and battles with monster gonks.
As predicted she immediately fell in love with the place
With a roach first cast and a target gonk on her second!
We visited the usual haunts and it was quite nice to see the place in its winter colours. We had many gonks, dace, roach ,trout , perch Rob a had a couple of bonus chub. The action was consistent all day with fish caught in nearly every swim we graced.
We worked our way back towards the car and finished up at the famous cheesemans bridge. Me and Lily was fishing opposite each other. She looked across the river at me at one point and said " I'm having so much fun I dont want this day to end" And right there in that moment I knew she was under the Wallington spell to which so many of us have succumb!
She finished the day with a couple of gonkzillas which was the icing on the cake!
Another thing which really made my day was meeting Robs friend Jim who has recently retired. Jim seems to have spent most of his time sea fishing and course fishing ponds and was introduced to the Wallington by Rob. He told me that hes making the most of every spare minute now. Then he said something with so much passion I will always remember it , he looked at me with a real glint in his eye and said " this fishing has taken over my life"....
ImageImageImage

Aitch
Pike

Re: RIVER WALLINGTON

Post by Aitch »

Tis a magical place.... a place where time drops the years away and you are young again... a time when the child comes to the fore....Image
So glad you both had so much fun.. its a day in the year I never hope to miss....
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Aitch wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:15 am Tis a magical place.... a place where time drops the years away and you are young again... a time when the child comes to the fore....Image
So glad you both had so much fun.. its a day in the year I never hope to miss....
If this is true, I need to get there very soon! :Hahaha:

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

I would love to join you there. Just a shame that it is so far away from where I live. One day perhaps!
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Wallyboy Rob
Chub
Location: On the Wally as often as possible ( Portsmouth area)

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

Glad to see you both yesterday Terry, I'm so pleased Lillie had so much fun,

How did it go... "just one more cast Terry" that was after about half an hour of just one more casts
going with the flow - You gotta luv them gonks

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson
from the back cover of Wall and piece - Banksy

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Thats exactly what it's all about. Wonderful write up Terry.

Wal.

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Wallyboy Rob wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:07 am Glad to see you both yesterday Terry, I'm so pleased Lillie had so much fun,

How did it go... "just one more cast Terry" that was after about half an hour of just one more casts
:Hahaha: I know mate I actually had the car running while she was having one of her many " last casts"
The pub was calling me but it just made me smile even more!

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Post by Northern_Nomad »

Looks like you had a cracking time :Thumb:

It is a fantastic little river as you well know. I enjoyed having the updates from Rob during your session. Jim’s a lovely chap also. He took over your tea making duties on the last Jolly when you couldn’t make it. :Thumb: :Hat:
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Wonderful angling there Terry, glad your day was successful mate.....
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Post by ReelMaker »

Is the last photo the Cheesemans Bridge.That river seems like heaven ,I guess that if people like us were to take up the modern commercials, these little rivers would be abandoned in this age. Reelmaker.

Return to “Other Rivers”