River Rother in west Sussex

This forum belongs to the other rivers.
Floating Crust
Stickleback

River Rother in west Sussex

Post by Floating Crust »

I am relatively new to this area and joined Petworth and Bognor angling club that have several miles of the river Rother and a few miles of tidal river Arun. I have only managed to fish the rother on a few occasions to date and have caught Chub, Dace, Gudgeon, Perch, pike and a sea trout.....the known big Barbel and Carp have eluded me for now. The picture below is a short walk upstream of Shopham bridge, a beautiful place set amongst the south Downs with loads of wildlife to keep you entertained when the fish are not bitingImage

Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Re: River Rother in west Sussex

Post by Nigel Rainton »

FC,
It's a beautiful and peaceful place. I spend a lot of time on the Rother. The area around Coultershaw and Fittleworth features in 'River Diaries' by Chris Yates. Have a look at my diary . . .

https://sussex-trout-fishing.com/

. . . for more information :-)

Floating Crust
Stickleback

Post by Floating Crust »

I have yet to visit Coultershaw but i have wet a line in Fittleworth for a few hours and had a great time.....beautiful place we have down here. I will have a read and thank you 😄

Tigernuts
Ruffe

Post by Tigernuts »

Big/ big barbel in the western rother 14 +. Come twilight .sit on your rod And I mean SIT.."......,a pellet perhaps .and make saw Everthing at hand........ These barbel have the WHOW Factor......."..they say even bigger ones in the Arun ..But you have to attend to the Tides ..

Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Post by Nigel Rainton »

I have fished the Rother every season for the last five years and I am still discovering new opportunities. The entire river valley is in the South Downs National Park and is protected. A lovely place to be even when not catching anything :-)

See my Diary below for weekly updates,

https://sussex-trout-fishing.com/

Return to “Other Rivers”