River Mole in Surrey

This forum belongs to the other rivers.
ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Re: River Mole in Surrey

Post by ReelMaker »

I think that many of us in 60 or 70s would have the same experience of the fishing spots when we were in our teens,the little pond where I started out fishing has now dried up and turned in to a small nature researve, well At least they haven't built houses there yet.Reelmaker.

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

I am glad to hear that the river is still going well. Betchworth was a quiet rural village 60 years ago. I have long since left that part of the world - too many people, too many cars, too much noise for me.
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

Ignis2018
Stickleback

Post by Ignis2018 »

Still Only a pub and church in village ,along with original old school,it hasn't changed one bit ,still a walk past the farmers barn to the river over the fields, to the weir.only difference is more cars on the road. You should go back and fish it ,you will not be disappointed, it's on of those timeless villages that cannot be changed too much. I fish it alot ,also by tbe old bridge opposite betchworth house,FANTASTIC.

Robbi
Tench

Post by Robbi »

A long time ago we used to fish the Mole at Pooparts Farm in Hersham, lovely little river in those long sunny days of school holidays.
"In the back roads by the rivers of my memory"

Return to “Other Rivers”