lower itchen destruction

This forum belongs to the other rivers.
Chubman
Crucian Carp

Re: lower itchen destruction

Post by Chubman »

ive just informed the anglers trust,who were unaware of this,i will pass any info i can find to them

Chubman
Crucian Carp

Post by Chubman »

please take a look at the facebook link groundwork/news/river itchen consultation and take a look at the 4 options, no1 to replace the sluice, the other 3 are utter maddness to return a chalk stream into salt water

Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Post by Nigel Rainton »

Can you post a link to the Facebook pages please

Chubman
Crucian Carp

Post by Chubman »

face book link is groundwork/news/ river itchen consultation.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Chubman
Crucian Carp

Post by Chubman »

thanks mel, im not that good on a computer, but i know how to fight my corner when a group want to destroy my river and the enviroment, a chalk stream stream turned to salt water utter madness

Chubman
Crucian Carp

Post by Chubman »

at the consultation meeting today, the ea failed to turn up, but were on the river yesterday 3 officers checking licenses, tax collecting springs to mind, this cannot be allowed to happen,to destroy a chalk stream habitat and make it salt water, just for the sake of white water for canoes, can any one help me fight this please, ive fished this bit of river for over 60 years and i want it to stay as it is for future generations of anglers

Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Post by Nigel Rainton »

There are 4 options for redevelopment, only one involves lowering the water level. Option 3, which I voted for, would see the water level maintained, 3 weirs and a fish pass built.

ItchenRoach
Gudgeon

Post by ItchenRoach »

any idea where the weirs will be built on the river it is only a short stretch between the sluice and the old bridge

Chubman
Crucian Carp

Post by Chubman »

2 weirs to be built on the strait up from the landing stage up to the first bend in the river,a pretty artists impression in stone was shown to me, but in realality they will be concrete and barbed wire to keep tidal water out, not sure fresh water weed and roach will like it much, so we are loosing some of our fishing rights left to us by lady swaythling, we need to start campaining against this enviromenal vandleism

Return to “Other Rivers”