Kentish Stour

This forum belongs to the other rivers.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: Kentish Stour

Post by AshbyCut »

Feisty little Devils !!! Well done, Sir ... and yes ... roll on June.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Coral Maestro
Chub

Re: Kentish Stour

Post by Coral Maestro »

Tengisgol wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:36 am Just discovered this; check out the video at the bottom of the page, marvellous stuff!

http://www.cdaa.co.uk
Crikey! That video brings back a few memories. We used to fish Grove Ferry for roach and pike when I was a teenager and into my early twenties. We also fished matches there on club outings with the Crowborough and District Angling association.
One of the matches was the Kent Championship and it was the first time I'd visited the river. We were very impressed with the large "chub" we could see everywhere along the stretch only, on closer examination, those big chub were in fact Mullet! That was the only time I ever saw them there so I guess it was a very high spring tide.
We had our rod licences checked that day and I'd left mine in the car so I had a 2 mile round trip walk to retrieve it. I was not amused!
If the fishing was bad (which it often was on cold winter days) we retired to the bankside pub for some food and a pint.
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Return to “Other Rivers”