RIVER WALLINGTON

This forum belongs to the other rivers.
Aitch
Pike

Re: RIVER WALLINGTON

Post by Aitch »

Sounds like heaven Moley.... hope to see you in Sept for the Official Jolly :Hat:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Superb write-up Squire Moley and a jolly fine mixed back for opening day. At the official jaunt, I plan to watch you choose your swim then, as you pause for the inevitable slurp and burp, I'm going to gazump you. But it's a secret so disregard that comment :Wink:

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

Another tremendous write up from the pie meister himself. He should write a book....

Thanks
BB
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Well done Mr Mole fatten them Gonks up for us for September!!! :fishing1: :cheers:
Last edited by Bobthefloat on Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wallyboy Rob
Chub
Location: On the Wally as often as possible ( Portsmouth area)

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

Well done Moley, it seems there are an abundance of yearling Chublets all along the river, I had a fair few further upstream between Boarhunt and Southwick, good to hear AM caught. I'm sure our bailiff team will soon be accustomed to the presence of our dear Mole, I'm guessing the bailiff you met had a brown bundle of fun spaniel with him, that would be John and his companion Ellie.

If you like eggs they are on sale from an honesty box by the drive to the cottages at Spurlings for £1.50 per half dozen.

Hope to catch up with you on the bank soon

Rob
going with the flow - You gotta luv them gonks

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson
from the back cover of Wall and piece - Banksy

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Wallyboy Rob wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:55 am Well done Moley, it seems there are an abundance of yearling Chublets all along the river, I had a fair few further upstream between Boarhunt and Southwick, good to hear AM caught. I'm sure our bailiff team will soon be accustomed to the presence of our dear Mole, I'm guessing the bailiff you met had a brown bundle of fun spaniel with him, that would be John and his companion Ellie.

If you like eggs they are on sale from an honesty box by the drive to the cottages at Spurlings for £1.50 per half dozen.

Rob
Yes loads of chublets.....nearly as naughty as minnows.

Fatty is pleased AM had a few because he turns into a reet sulky pants if he doesn't :Hat:

Ellie is a plump little Missy and took a distinct dislike to AM and his dog but liked the Mole wriggling her butt and tail when stroked.....dogs can spot a soft touch at a hundred paces.

See you on the bank no doubt Rob.
Bobthefloat wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:53 am Well done Mr Mole fatten them Gonks up for us for September!!! :fishing1: :cheers:

Gonks Fatten themselves and will not get any pies as it takes all my efforts defending them from the AM and his mangy Mutt :Wink:
BoltonBullfinch wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:25 am Another tremendous write up from the pie meister himself. He should write a book....

Thanks
BB
If Fatty wrote a book no would believe the contents and probably only you would buy it BB!
Dave Burr wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:27 am Superb write-up Squire Moley and a jolly fine mixed back for opening day. At the official jaunt, I plan to watch you choose your swim then, as you pause for the inevitable slurp and burp, I'm going to gazump you. But it's a secret so disregard that comment :Wink:
No need to resort to such tactics, although they have been tried before by cunning stunt pullers in the past, as the Wally is one long Gonk Swim so secret comment disregarded Dave.
Aitch wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:10 am Sounds like heaven Moley.... hope to see you in Sept for the Official Jolly :Hat:
Already signed up for the 'Official' Jolly 'Aitch but in the meantime will continue Gonk Hunting for as long as possible :eyebrow:

As ever,......

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Wallyboy Rob wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:55 am Well done Moley, it seems there are an abundance of yearling Chublets all along the river, I had a fair few further upstream between Boarhunt and Southwick, good to hear AM caught. I'm sure our bailiff team will soon be accustomed to the presence of our dear Mole, I'm guessing the bailiff you met had a brown bundle of fun spaniel with him, that would be John and his companion Ellie.

Rob
Yes loads of chublets.....nearly as naughty as minnows.

Fatty is pleased AM had a few because he turns into a reet sulky pants if he doesn't :Hat:

Ellie is a plump little Missy and took a distinct dislike to AM and his dog but liked the Mole wriggling her butt and tail when stroked.....dogs can spot a soft touch at a hundred paces.

See you on the bank no doubt Rob.
Bobthefloat wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:53 am Well done Mr Mole fatten them Gonks up for us for September!!! :fishing1: :cheers:

Gonks Fatten themselves and will not get any pies as it takes all my efforts defending them from the AM and his mangy Mutt :Wink:
BoltonBullfinch wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:25 am Another tremendous write up from the pie meister himself. He should write a book....

Thanks
BB
If Fatty wrote a book no would believe the contents and probably only you would buy it BB!
Dave Burr wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:27 am Superb write-up Squire Moley and a jolly fine mixed back for opening day. At the official jaunt, I plan to watch you choose your swim then, as you pause for the inevitable slurp and burp, I'm going to gazump you. But it's a secret so disregard that comment :Wink:
No need to resort to such tactics, although they have been tried before by cunning stunt pullers in the past, as the Wally is one long Gonk Swim so secret comment disregarded Dave.
Aitch wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:10 am Sounds like heaven Moley.... hope to see you in Sept for the Official Jolly :Hat:
Already signed up for the 'Official' Jolly 'Aitch but in the meantime will continue Gonk Hunting for as long as possible :eyebrow:

As ever,......

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Fabulously fun fishing followed by libation at the 'Lion. All intermingled with pies and tea....what more can a Moley possibly ask for! :Sun:

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Wallington the return

The voice on the other end of the telephonic device, in flat estuarine tones, declared that a trip to the Wallington on Windy Wednesday was in order.

Fatty thought about this for a millisecond and found himself in agreement......so there it was another outing with the AM :Hat:

Pies were nestling in their tin, slurping tea was in the new flask and tackle stashed in the car, permission granted by Matron :Scared: so off we jolly well go.

The waggler running through a dirty and up river attracted the odd fish but nothing of size or consistency. It took several hours of continuous bite with poor connection and fish falling off before Fatty, who was more into scoffing and slurping than thinking, decided achange of tactics was the order of the day.

So after a bit of head scratching and watching the AM battle with a tree, the dog, the wind and rising temper, for an hour to get his mangy float back....an amusing distraction, with terribly rude shouting from the less fat one. Probabaly just as well that no one else was on the water at the time!

Eventually the cogs in the brain of the Fatty resolved into a posiible solution to the conundrum of connectivity with the piscine denizens of the Wally.

The result was upstream laying on to counter the unusual flow and windy conditions with pleasing returns:

Half a dozen of these dropped the proverbial.....nice!

Ten or so came to the bank but sadly no real monsters amongst them this time.

Four nice wild trout liked the presentation too and would have delighted any fly fisher but as they were caught on bait returned swiftly to fight another time :Hat:

However with the weather conditions taking a turn for the worse including gusts of wind almost blowing Fatty into the river, a strategic withdrawal to the Red Lion for Steak and Guiness Pie with all the trimmings was the order of the day. Even the AM and his Mutt enjoying the good pub scran too!

As ever,.....

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Wallyboy Rob
Chub
Location: On the Wally as often as possible ( Portsmouth area)

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

The Wally can be a beast after a lot of rain Moley, but can be easily tamed by a an angler of your calibre which you have shown us :Hat: well fished that man
going with the flow - You gotta luv them gonks

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson
from the back cover of Wall and piece - Banksy

Return to “Other Rivers”