Chantry Pond Frome.

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Biggun
Stickleback

Chantry Pond Frome.

Post by Biggun »

Anyone been here, I’m going for the weekend end of this week. I here stories of lots of roach/rudd the odd crucian and a few carp. I’m honing my carp fishing skills in readiness for my first trip to Redmire at the end of the month. MK1V’s, 300’s and Optonics with monkey climbers.
Never test the depth of water with both feet.

TraditionalAngling
Brown Trout

Re: Chantry Pond Frome.

Post by TraditionalAngling »

Chantry pond work nears completion after work through lockdown
PUBLISHED: 06:00 17 April 2020Paul Geater
Chantry park pond Picture: CHARLOTTE BOND
Chantry park pond Picture: CHARLOTTE BOND
Work to restore the Wilderness Pond in Chantry Park in Ipswich is due to be completed by the end of next week – it has carried on during the lockdown because it was important to ensure it was completed during the early spring.
Share article from Ipswich Star on facebookTweet article from Ipswich Starpost article from Ipswich Star on redditemail article from Ipswich StarShare
Dredging the silt from the pond has now been completed. Now the contractors called in by Ipswich council have to replace part of the fencing around the pond and ensure it is left tidy.

A spokesman for the borough said social distancing measures had been taken throughout and it had been reasonably easy to ensure work was carried out within government guidelines during the lockdown.

He said: “There was one person working in the cab of the digger to remove the silt and other staff were doing tasks on their own so there was no difficulty in ensuring there was a two-metre distance between the workers at all times.

You may also want to watch:
May be of interest if this is the right place

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Well that's two Chantry Ponds - any more?

One in Ipswich Suffolk and the other in Frome Somerset BA11 3LH!

Dipper
Rudd

Post by Dipper »

Biggun wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:05 pm Anyone been here, I’m going for the weekend end of this week. I here stories of lots of roach/rudd the odd crucian and a few carp. I’m honing my carp fishing skills in readiness for my first trip to Redmire at the end of the month. MK1V’s, 300’s and Optonics with monkey climbers.
May I ask how you visit was?

Regards,

Dipper :Hat:
”If you don’t come home either wet or injured, you’re not trying hard enough...”

Newtocane
Ruffe

Post by Newtocane »

Dipper

Which visit are you asking about? Unfortunately Biggun couldn't make the visit to Chantry, he didn't miss an awful lot as the lake residents weren't playing ball that weekend!

He did make the trip to Redmire though and was one of only two anglers to catch during the week he was there, he beat me by two carp to one, unfortunately they were all less than two pound each caught on maggots!

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”