Recommendation for trousers

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Woodytia
Crucian Carp

Re: Recommendation for trousers

Post by Woodytia »

British Army lightweight trousers for me, I find them comfortable, the material is tough and they are easy to launder if you get them wet while fishing they dry quite quickly. I'm sure that any decent military surplus supplier will still have them and they are available in a range of sizes.

Kev D
Chub

Post by Kev D »

Stathamender wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:10 pm Decathlon is cheap and has a wide range of styles and colours. They also do heavy duty ones too.
I agree. Decathlon do a heavy green denim/canvas trousers called Solognac. They are styled similarly to military trousers ,with leg pockets. The Decathlon Percussion waterproof and windproof trousers are similar. They have an almost moleskin appearance and being designed for shooting types are rather smart . And at less than £40 a pair are about a third of the price of similar Hunting/Shooting clothing from other suppliers.
Otherwise it's ex army trousers; cheap,expendable and they dry quickly.
In order to shoot some close-ups, wildlife photographer ,the late Len Scapstillon, lured the orca to him by dressing as a seal.......

Kev D
Chub

Post by Kev D »

Stathamender wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:10 pm Decathlon is cheap and has a wide range of styles and colours. They also do heavy duty ones too.
I agree. Decathlon do a heavy green denim/canvas trousers called Solognac. They are styled similarly to military trousers ,with leg pockets. The Decathlon Percussion waterproof and windproof trousers are similar. They have an almost moleskin appearance and being designed for shooting types are rather smart . And at less than £40 a pair are about a third of the price of similar Hunting/Shooting clothing from other suppliers.
Otherwise it's ex army trousers; cheap,expendable and they dry quickly.
In order to shoot some close-ups, wildlife photographer ,the late Len Scapstillon, lured the orca to him by dressing as a seal.......

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Outside of having 4 pockets and button/zip fly trousers by definition are many with multiple purposes having to be catered for.

Of late I have purchased Craghopper jeans - they are tough - but lightweight with an ability to dry quickly.
They are super comfortable and as a bonus when in the sale they can be picked up for a fraction of the price of some of the trousers mentioned thus far. The other plus is that I wear them on an everyday basis too.
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

These are the ones for you Tel.... very hip mate....catch the eye on the bank and in the boozer afterwards... double bubble! :Thumb:

" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

I am another fan of ex army lightweights.

Wal.

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

At the bootfair this morning you would have been spoilt for choice for trousers suitable for roughing it on the riverbank, most as new if not new and you are doing your bit for the environment by recycling. I picked up a pair of superb Levi button fly 501's for £2.. flowed closely by a pair of opticron poro bins for £8. You don't have to spend an arm and a leg. :Thumb:

Marc
Sea Trout

Post by Marc »

Can we close this thread. My must have persona is costing me a fortune with all the recommendations. :Chuckle:
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

Woodytia wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:19 pm British Army lightweight trousers for me, I find them comfortable, the material is tough and they are easy to launder if you get them wet while fishing they dry quite quickly. I'm sure that any decent military surplus supplier will still have them and they are available in a range of sizes.
Yes, I've just got a pair from https://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.u ... 22248.html for a tenner and they're ideal, although the hefty delivery charge of £5.75 left me thinking I should have ordered other stuff, such as these https://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.u ... 22244.html at the same time.
Last edited by Stathamender on Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

RBTraditional wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:52 pm These are the ones for you Tel.... very hip mate....catch the eye on the bank and in the boozer afterwards... double bubble! :Thumb:

Now that.... is a bostin' pair of trollies... I gotsta get me summa those :Hahaha: :Hahaha:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”