Favourite Boots

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Aitch
Pike

Re: Favourite Boots

Post by Aitch »

:Thumb:
I might look at a pair of those lightweight boots come the spring, as the wellies are okay but too sweaty as it warms up...
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Rutland Rod
Arctic Char

Post by Rutland Rod »

Karrimor Cheviots for out with the Bassets and Beagles and fishing when not getting wet. Made in Italy with vibram sole 3 years hard wear and going well.

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

My barbour wellys :Thumb:
I keep spare pair in the van as I'd forgot my boots one day and managed to buy some off a Romanian car wash attendant. Saved me a long drive home to fetch them.
He was very puzzled about the whole transaction :laugh1:
Last edited by Bobthefloat on Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

Smelly old cheap green Wellies for me. Complete with 3 repaired splits in them .

Scott
Tench

Post by Scott »

Le Chameau Vierzonord for me. Incredibly comfortable and seem to last and last. I even wear them for hiking high into the hills at the height of summer.

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

BobTheFloat wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:46 pm My barbour wellys :Thumb:
I keep spare pair in the van as I'd forgot my boots one day and managed to buy some off a Romanian car wash attendant. Saved me a long drive home to fetch them.
I remember that day so well Terry! it was bloody freezing and we all blanked :Chuckle:

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Paul D wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:59 am
I remember that day so well Terry! it was bloody freezing and we all blanked :Chuckle:
Yes mate I should of just carried on going home when I'd forgotten the boots :laugh1:

PeteD
Rudd

Post by PeteD »

BobTheFloat wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:03 am
Paul D wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:59 am
Yes mate I should of just carried on going home when I'd forgotten the boots :laugh1:
Your day can't have been as bad as that poor car wash guy who had to spend the rest of the day washing cars in his socks. :Chuckle:

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Either Neoprene Muckboots with Supertracks screw in boot studs or Altberg leather walking boots, Yorkshire’s finest (why is it that UK walking boot makers always have German sounding names?).
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Gobio Gobio
Grayling

Post by Gobio Gobio »

I love my Scarpa Asolo boots, they have been retired now but I wore them for thirty years. I did not have the heart to have them re soled to left them to relax and retire as they are. I would choose these boots to be burried in when I am long gone.

I do love my Argyll wellies, love the fit and look.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”