Sundridge Igloo Mark 2 - RIP

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Vole
Rainbow Trout

Re: Sundridge Igloo Mark 2 - RIP

Post by Vole »

If you go down the Shooting Jacket route (and why wouldn't you?) a mate bought one from these guys , a couple of mile from us:http://www.freewebs.com/weariteclothing/jackets.htm and rates it as brilliant value - about a third the price of the "Big Names" and just as good. (Three-layer construction, £75).
If I remember rightly, he was so pleased, he bought a second one for "Besties", or was at least considering it.
If interested, just say and I'll find out which model he went for.
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

Thank you Vole, I've been on the link and you are right about the prices. I would be very interested to know what model he chose please. Many thanks for your help!
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Post by Vole »

Apparently it was the Derby Tweed one; glad to be useful!
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Penninelad
Arctic Char

Post by Penninelad »

I have had a Wearite Milair shooting jacket for thirty years.Its now a bit battered and sometimes the zip plays up,but it's never leaked and the one or two small tears in the fabric have been repaired with hot melt glue.Wearite clothing is exceptionally good value for money.I like Harkila products but one of their waterproof jackets will cost you over £500!
Mark Davies

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Stour Otter wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:22 am Bought the girlfriend a pair of fir lined Fox Chunk Sherpa Tec Salopettes for Christmas last year, the old romantic that I am. She loves them and I rather like seeing her in them!
Stour Otter
I wonder if the Universe would allow two of us getting away with that with the girlfriend we persuaded to take up fishing? Mine tends to draw the line at temperatures below 10C. Hmmmmmm. :Beg:
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Post by Vole »

Matey has just had a look at his jacket and said it was a "Lavenir", which I can't find on Wearite's page, but here, advertised as being by Wearite:http://www.countyandcountry.co.uk/lavenir-clothing.html

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

I have 2 similar jackets - one padded lining = very warm. The other unlined so needs a waistcoat/padded vest for cold winters.

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

Very helpful gentlemen. It seems that on balance, members prefer Jacket and trousers rather than salopettes.. Certainly the Wearite clothing is incredibly reasonably priced. The Lavenir Milair would be my choice but they are out of stock for my size just now. I'll give them a call to see when next delivery is - there's no rush - it is Spring after all...
John Harding

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

Thank you all - Shazza spotted a Deer hunter Avanta (?) I think on Amazon at £80 so its ordered.....!
John Harding

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

Thank you all _ I'm wearing my Deerhunter Avanti 2XL as I post. They didn't have my size on the Wearite jacket I liked so when Shazza spotted the Avanti at virtually the same price on Amazon we bought it. Glad I got 2XL Black Prince and Olly - plenty of room for one or two Full English breakfasts before I venture out on a cold April morning.

Like it so much that I might sleep in it tonight or at least wear it in the gym tomorrow - you can get attached to things.....
John Harding

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”