Molesley weir

This forum belongs to the River Thames.
Mr B
Arctic Char

Re: Molesley weir

Post by Mr B »

Is there a wild 25 pounder in The Thames... that perhaps watches his diet and doesn’t feed on “stodge”
I like to think so but I am a hopeless romantic!

See “ above for below from above comment.

A lot of 'which barbel rod' goes with 'how big do they grow'

Ps not sure if I mentioned it in this thread.
As I was fishing, bellow my feet in crystal clear water (the water was so clear that day) was a big Carp, I’d say around 16lbs If it was a Trout I could have knelt down and tickled it!

Mr B
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Probably yes!

I know of two 20lbers caught reasonably locally from two different sections of the river at the same time/week - so not the same fish.

The record was 14 for a long time - now 20+.

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Well... just renewed my weir permit again... gone down in price ( 63 now) £20 for over 60's ? What a bargain.
19 interesting venues, just a little different from.
"The Tale Of The Weir"... but still....worth every penny.
Mr B.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

MWithell
Chub

Post by MWithell »

One advantage with decrepitude! (I'm 62!)
Malcolm

Catching lob-worms is one of the greater Outdoor Sports. It is the most hilarious game in the world (John C Moore)

Return to “River Thames”