Old Ford Lock....Olympic Dreams

This forum belongs to the River Lea.
Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Old Ford Lock....Olympic Dreams

Post by Tench Dreamer »

Just got back from chucking a "Big S" around the Lea,down by Old Ford Lock opposite the main Olympic Stadium. Very windy so the cut that is begining of the Old Lea, that gives abit of protection , as well as some overhanging trees etc, was where I spent most of my time.

Wandered round to the Hertford Union. Lots of boats moored up but still had a go at old Essox.

But he wasnt there today!

This whole area was completly out of bounds during the Olympics, and Im sure that when the Golds were being won the roar of the crowds would have been heard over the Lea, down at Old Ford Lock. Today it was just a loud howling wind.

I think my Olympic dream is a Pike, out of the Lea....And a river Lea Tench, but we'll have to wait till next summer for that :geek:

PickleBarrel

Re: Old Ford Lock....Olympic Dreams

Post by PickleBarrel »

:hat: :hat: success awaits those who perservere!

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

better luck next time

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

John there,s a fishing club at Old Ford Lock, it,s a charity called E20 Eastenders Fishing Trust.
Helping disabled war vets and disabled children and to bring fishing back to the river lea in east London.

I was there a couple of day,s ago and had a chat with Mark the trustee and was told there,s some nice bream and perch in the section below the lock, will give it a go when it warm,s up a bit.

Almost forgot, there,s pike in there up to 15lb ish and some big carp.

Lee.

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

Lee Fantastic news....and this is 10 min drive.I know this area well.And despite my earlier thread about me blank at Dobbs....Old ford lock and london local is where I will be fishing most when it warms up.

This area is well best decribed as what you see is what you get and Eastenders have fished around here for generations .And it was cleaned up alot for the Olympics.

Any idea how to contact the club?

We could meet up if you like?

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

John here,s their website, not a lot on it at the moment as Mark,s having another made up,
Mark,s talking about doing fishing trips every couple of week,s and he,s putting up a team for the world youth games this year.
Good new,s is he,s got 4 lord,s on his sponsor list and he,s trying to get permission to fish their estate lakes.

A meet up there would be good.
Lee.

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

Cant see a link Lee.All sounds good...Ill let you know if Im going down to old frd lock

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Sorry John forgot the link
Here it is
http://e20fishingclub.org/Home_Page.php

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

Maybe a East London/Essex TFF Olympic Park Fish in, in the new season?

Gaz

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

Ljm183 wrote:John there,s a fishing club at Old Ford Lock, it,s a charity called E20 Eastenders Fishing Trust.
Helping disabled war vets and disabled children and to bring fishing back to the river lea in east London.

I was there a couple of day,s ago and had a chat with Mark the trustee and was told there,s some nice bream and perch in the section below the lock, will give it a go when it warm,s up a bit.

Almost forgot, there,s pike in there up to 15lb ish and some big carp.

Lee.
Popped down this morning met Mark and had a cuppa with them. What a refreshing set up too. Basically all good stuff. For a good cause, fishing in the river, fishing lessons too. Its early days and I do hope all goes well I for one will going along, probably short sessions. All no more than a 10 minute drive and literally in the shadow of the Olympic main stadium

Return to “River Lea”