Pike Wire Traces

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
JW1
Grayling

Re: Pike Wire Traces

Post by JW1 »

I used circle hooks for sea fishing for many years and really got on well with them for everything bar whiting, which always seemed to get hooked in the tongue. So this year I thought try them on pike, didn't manage a single hook up, so gone back to a single treble with the barbs flattened.

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Coral Maestro wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:22 pm
Mark wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:19 pm
Coral Maestro wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:59 am Apologies Mark, the thread seems to have drifted away from the original question!
No problem CM, my question was over 8 years ago, in this time I have become an old man so don't even remember posting it. :Hahaha:
I really ought to read the date on these posts! :doh: What did you end up using?
I kept the trebles in small glassine bags, but for this year I have made some circle hook rigs with the help of Mr Burr Esq. but will use the same sort of bags.

Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

A barbless single to hold the bait (red rubber flag to hold bait on) + one barbless treble. Worked for 55 years with no problems.

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”