Two important favourite floats

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Olly
Wild Carp

Re: Two important favourite floats

Post by Olly »

I am afraid that many of us here have had experiences of that. Thoughts with you.

Sneezewort
Bleak

Post by Sneezewort »

Olly wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:52 pm I am afraid that many of us here have had experiences of that. Thoughts with you.
Thanks Olly, appreciated. :Hat:
Earthing the current
“ I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order" - John Burroughs

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Sorry for your loss Sneezewort.

I'm 99% certain 'your' float is by Belglow because of that tight, thick, perfect circle wire at the bottom.

I haven't seen that model before and like all Belglow floats I would have expected it to have a thin black ring painted just below the body.

We were fortunate to be joined by a member of the family of the original firm some months ago so have now confirmed where they were made.

Harcork we know at last too and I had a hand in tracing their factory as well.

I might be able to help with a replica of the Harcork, but sadly not 'your' float.

Edit: A quick check reveals I was wrong..it was an Auger float I had, sorry.

Sussex Micky
Arctic Char

Post by Sussex Micky »

very sorry for your loss...I am happy to help if i can sir :Hat:

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

PM Sent.
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Sneezewort
Bleak

Post by Sneezewort »

Sussex Micky wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:40 pm very sorry for your loss...I am happy to help if i can sir :Hat:
Thank you Mickey ..Pallenpool has messaged me , I’ll do same direct to you
Earthing the current
“ I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order" - John Burroughs

Sneezewort
Bleak

Post by Sneezewort »

Nobby wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:14 am Sorry for your loss Sneezewort.

I'm 99% certain 'your' float is by Belglow because of that tight, thick, perfect circle wire at the bottom.

I haven't seen that model before and like all Belglow floats I would have expected it to have a thin black ring painted just below the body.

We were fortunate to be joined by a member of the family of the original firm some months ago so have now confirmed where they were made.

Harcork we know at last too and I had a hand in tracing their factory as well.

I might be able to help with a replica of the Harcork, but sadly not 'your' float.

Edit: A quick check reveals I was wrong..it was an Auger float I had, sorry.
Hi there!
I much appreciate your note of condolence Nobby, thank you :Hat:
I’m also indebted to you for the info and background on those floats :holmes: , and realise now it’s also your blog I’ve read with great interest in recent times, and which has played a significant part in bringing me here to join this wonderful forum.

Mr Pallenpool had also contacted me and generously ‘hooked’ me up with another member who is, I understand underway with making some replicas, but I thank you for your very kind offer of service :cheers:

I suspect we will correspond many times in the future, as I’m very keen to learn more about some of the tackle I have and in some cases how and where I can give them a bit of TLC

Best wishes
Earthing the current

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

:Hat:

Sneezewort
Bleak

Re: Two important favourite floats: Update

Post by Sneezewort »

In concluding this post, I am delighted to share that I received these beautiful replicas from the very talented Sussex Micky this week, following my original post on “Two important favourite floats”.
Completely unexpected but gratefully accepted, the originals on the left of each style.
It means I can fish on with my new additions without fear of loss of my late Dads originals.

As someone who has only recently joined the forum, I have to say I couldn’t have been made to feel more welcome.
Thank you!

A special mention too to Pallenpool and Nobby who also made the connections or offered their superior (to my) skills :cheers:
Earthing the current

Sussex Micky
Arctic Char

Post by Sussex Micky »

Glad i could help in some small way, sorry i did not get them exact to yours its easier to copy in the hand rather that your posted picture but i am sure you can find these useable..the left float being a beat up Harckork which i gave a little new life to which was the make of your original one.

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”