Split shot

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Paul W
Bleak

Re: Split shot

Post by Paul W »

I’ve got dinsmore shot which I’ve had for years and have been happy with......
But this Anchor shot seems popular so when I need some more I might just give it a whirl !
Always look forward when walking or you might walk into a wall !

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

tungsten putty - a number of uses too.
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Post by Northern_Nomad »

I tend to use Dinsmores, more from availability and what was initially the best available after the lead ban. Reading this it may not be the best available.
@Duckett - Any particular Olivetti make recommended?
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Post by ReelMaker »

Good evening fellow friends,I’ve just received a no4 Preston Innonvations split shot ,they are softer than any shot I’ve tested in my trials.One assumes the other sizes in their range are the same.Reelmaker

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

I use Preston lead - size 8 and smaller. But the larger non-lead sizes I prefer Rugby - shaped and in name - by Anchor. With Preston 2nd choice.

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Northern_Nomad wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:01 pm I tend to use Dinsmores, more from availability and what was initially the best available after the lead ban. Reading this it may not be the best available.
@Duckett - Any particular Olivetti make recommended?
Apologies NN, only just spotted this. I’ve tried several and the easiest to get seems the best to me - Drennan Polemaster.

2 makes I tried, that actually look identical to my eyes - Preston and Maver - I thought that the spike at either end was too sharp and tended to slice the rubber tubing if I wasn’t very careful. I’ve not had a single case of that with Drennan.

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”